Sign in with
Your question

Crippling steam bug?

Last response: in Video Games
January 14, 2012 2:05:49 AM

Hi everyone.
when i built my new gaming PC, i decided to download my new games via steam. however, while playing crysis, the game just quits at the same part. on the second to last mission, the one with the VTOLs, i finish the mission, the screen fades, and the desktop appears, wait WHAT?!?!?
i have never seen this before. is this a problem with the steam version, or is the disk based version the same way?
also, does anyone know how to fix this problem with the steam version, without having to manually put in codes in the command window to access the final mission?

More about : crippling steam bug

January 14, 2012 6:57:48 AM

I did not have the problem with my game (physical copy).
Does this happen all the time, just after that spot?
Did you try lowering the settings or running the game in windowed mode.

And is the game patched to the latest 1.2.1 version?

And if nothing that I suggested worked, then just use the console commands, since you did say that you finished that mission.
m
l
January 14, 2012 11:42:15 PM

yes, it always happens at that spot.
yes, i tried low detail in both direct x 10 and 9
and the game is up to date.

unfortunately, the last level is so horrendously glitchey, (holes in solid material, enemies not appearing, parts of the level refusing to load, and random crashes) I just uninstalled the game for now...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 15, 2012 1:42:38 AM

So, you never had all those glitches on any other levels apart from this one, where you find the holes in materials, texture tear/ slow texture loading?
Oh, and what are your PC specs?
m
l
January 25, 2012 9:06:26 PM

nope, no other levels had problems, other than the ones vista created
my system specs:
pentium g840 (2.9GHz, 3mb l3 cache), 5 GB ddr1333 ram, geforce gtx 550 ti gigabyte version (970 MHz clock) vista 32 bit,
m
l
January 27, 2012 1:42:05 PM

some gaming pc...

have you verified the game cache via steam? I'm thinking there's something wrong with your files for the last level
m
l
January 27, 2012 8:01:37 PM

AntiZig said:
some gaming pc...

have you verified the game cache via steam? I'm thinking there's something wrong with your files for the last level

i verified the cache, everything was fine.
also, keep your retorts to yourself, unless you want to buy me a new machine.
m
l
!