outaiurufu

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I want to start recording my gaming sessions, I have tryed fraps but the recordings are under-par and take up massive amounts of HD space. I really am wondering if there it hardware that would allow me to record my gaming sessions without reducing the quality of my gain play to make a good recording, some sort if recording hardware that is pcie "plug and play" mabe? Thank you for your time and I can't wait for the responses and what you guys will direct me to.

Macers

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I'm sure with enough money you could buy a pricey Console Game video capturing device. However, that same money could be saved into upgrading your PC to run Fraps better with another Harddrive.

Fraps will always be your best bet sadly.

outaiurufu

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

Any links? And I would like to record in HD

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007683+600049972&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=47&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

outaiurufu

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Ok, I am new talking about graphics cards but i just want to make sure i understand this right, I'm using a GeForce GTX 560, which has 2 DVI ports and a single mini-HDMI port, said card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116065) has a receiver for a mini-HDMI port, and my monitor is DVI or VGA only.

Could I buy a mini-HDMI cable, run it directly from my video card to the recording card, but still have my DVI monitor playing without and quality and speed loss while recording through the mini-HDMI port? (After hopefully setting both outputs to be the same)?

Sorry for the long and slightly confusing question, but i am unsure and don't want to waste about $200

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I'm pretty sure all of those are just for Consoles (the Capture Cards)

I didn't look at all of them but the ones I did look at said, for Xbox 360 and PS3

Whats Wrong with fraps? If you get a seperate Harddrive, just record it to that.
I Think thats really the only way to record PC games is through 3rd party Program

and I think Fraps is the best your gonna get.

dylanftw

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I too used to use fraps but it seriously lagged my games.

I now use a program called Dxtory.

It is definetly the best recording device fir PC,it dosent lag at all,great customisation on the settings,brilliant quality.

if you want,you can check out my youtube channel to see my quality,all of my uplads are recorded using dxtory.

www.youtube.com/user/QuanZiHD

Its cheap too,its only €35 for an unlimited time.
But if you dont have the money,there ARE cracked versions.

The only downfall is the file sizes whitch are quite astronomical depending on your quality settings.

But if memory isnt an issue then dxtory is the way to go for you.

Here is the site if you want more info

http://dxtory.com/

I Hope ive helped you or anyone else in this thread.

-Dylan