File listing is pathetically slow

amit

I have a laptop with XP Pro and SP2. Ever since I installed SP2, I have
noticed that the file listing in any folder on the laptop takes a very long
time.... it does not matter if the folder has 3-5 files or 300-500 files....
the time taken to display the file list is almost the same and very slow...
sometimes 15-30secs.

What could be causing this? I have scanned for spyware/viruses and
everything seems to be clean. Please help

Someone else not long ago had the same problem and virus defrag etc
did not help. It turned out to be an HP printer device driver. If you
have an HP printer try unstalling and see if it helps.

"Amit" <amitbehal@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with XP Pro and SP2. Ever since I installed SP2, I have
>noticed that the file listing in any folder on the laptop takes a very long
>time.... it does not matter if the folder has 3-5 files or 300-500
>files.... the time taken to display the file list is almost the same and
>very slow... sometimes 15-30secs.
>
> What could be causing this? I have scanned for spyware/viruses and
> everything seems to be clean. Please help

amit

TRied that as well... no change