SYSTEM RESTORE - RESTORE INCOMPLETE - HELP!!

Tags:
  • Windows XP
May 3, 2005 3:40:13 PM

HELP, windows xp home - HAVING HAD NEW HARD DRIVE & then NEW MOTHERBOARD was
told to Recover my system using Recovery Cd's, I then installed SERVICE PACK
2 (via MS CD), then Panda Antivirus Titanium 2004, - and ‘System Restore’
allows manual points & auto points but get message, Restoration Incomplete
every time I try to Restore! ( even if nothing else installed and no
documents copied from my back up CD’s. Event viewer shows on System Id 111,
and has done everytime it has failed! The closest event in Application is
about the Database - event ID’s 100 & 102 showing 5 seconds after the system
restore error showed – SYSTEM event Id 1517 and 1800 occurred 2 mins prior!
Have followed the actions in help & support and ms knowledge base, no joy,
have turned SR on and off, checked its a scheduled task –using the CMD
command, have tried with antivirus disabled, have added system restore to the
firewall exceptions – I’m at a loss especially having reocovered the system
so many times and the problem persisting every time! Have had one successful
restoration in the middle of many unsuccessful, but no obvious action why!
I have had to recover the system multiple times since the hard drive and
motherboard replacements on advice from pc support that came with laptop, but
they will only take it to an engineer if problem is hardware,
Was not experiencing this problem prior to hard drive and motherboard being
replaced resulting in the system being recovered, ( have used these cd’s
previously with no such problem) and service pack 2 being installed for the
first time! I’m wondering if it could be hardware – but will need proof if
it is or if it could be the Service Pack 2?? I AM OUT OF IDEAS, IF SOMEONE
OUT THERE CAN OFFER ANY HELP, IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC-before it learns how to
fly!!!

--
Sally, I NEED A HERO- OR HEROIN!!??

More about : system restore restore incomplete

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:26:25 AM

Sallyjo, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select S and scroll to System Restore and
SP2.

!