Toms Hardware should follow suit and go dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Just asking Toms Hardware to take a day off and go Dark to raise awareness of SOPA with the rest of the world. Just an idea, would be nice. Even updating the header of the site for a day would be nice.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
But if the law goes into effect then Toms would have to monitor every single link for copyrighted materials. I would think this is less an issue for sites that produce original stuff, but toms links all over the internet.

Personally I'm pretty dark ... OMG is correct though ... toms would unlikely go dark but respects your personal position.

Feel free to rant about it here in News and Leisure though.

Get it off your chest !!!

Rey...if we do...our Parasites in Congress would ban THG on the internet for copyright infringement. My speech is a violation of my rights as a copyright producer! :cry:

Still, if it passes...guess who is out of a job! :pt1cable:

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
tom's would be one of the first victims, some troll would complain about linking to other sites or opinions on recent news and congress would say "shut it down"

i wonder what the internet would be like.....first thought, a bunch of religious sites, but it would only take one person to complain that the bible is copyrighted........

Status
Not open for further replies.