Power Problems... HELP.

My system keeps crashing from time to time. If i am playing a game or the system is in idle state for long time. It just shuts down. And every time i restart it the windows xp scan disk thing comes on. I am fed up. tell me what the problem. Is my PSU not meeting my power requirements.
I just changed my power supply recently,
and bought a decent 350 watt PSU. But same thing. now i have to disconnect my 2 casing fans and 2 cd drives to make the system work properly. Please help me to choose the best PSU for my system.

My system configuration are as follows:

Aopen ATX Case (QF50C)
PSU - JUPITER 350 Watt PSU (+3.3V/28A +5V/25A +12V/16A)
Motherboard - MSI 865PE Neo2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU - 3.0 GHZ (800 FSB)
Arctic-cooling 4PRO-TC Super Silent Fan installed
RAM - Kinsgton Value RAM - 512MB x 2 (Dual Channel)
2 System/Casing Fans installed
LG DVD ROM DRIVE
LG CD/RW 52X DRIVE
80GB Maxtor - 7200 RPM
40GB Seagate - 7200 RPM
Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4600 - 128MB

Please help me with this problems ASAP...

~AMD=RULES.PRESCOTT=4=FOOLS~
1 answer Last reply
More about power problems help
  1. You could probably get by with the Fortron Source or Sparkle Power FSP350 power supplies (same manufacturer). Those are rated at 70% peak capacity and turn themselves off if overloaded. You get those same features but even more capacity from the FSP400's, and for a few dollars more the FSP530's.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components