i've tried to delete quicktime and it says can't be deleted. It says close
all programs that uses quicktime. I don't know what programs even use this
feature or how it got installed on my computer. How do i delete it or do i
need it? Thanks

Hi

Have a look in the Task Manager under Processess and make sure that
qttask.exe isn't running. If it is, highlight it and select End Process.
Then try and delete QuickTime again.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"lewpopp" <lewpopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i've tried to delete quicktime and it says can't be deleted. It says close
> all programs that uses quicktime. I don't know what programs even use this
> feature or how it got installed on my computer. How do i delete it or do i
> need it? Thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

QuickTime is one of the three streaming video standards available; the other
two are Real Player and Windows Media Player. Whether or not you need it is
dependent on your need to play QuickTime videos.