quicktime

i've tried to delete quicktime and it says can't be deleted. It says close
all programs that uses quicktime. I don't know what programs even use this
feature or how it got installed on my computer. How do i delete it or do i
need it? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about quicktime

    Hi

    Have a look in the Task Manager under Processess and make sure that
    qttask.exe isn't running. If it is, highlight it and select End Process.
    Then try and delete QuickTime again.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "lewpopp" <lewpopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried to delete quicktime and it says can't be deleted. It says close
    > all programs that uses quicktime. I don't know what programs even use this
    > feature or how it got installed on my computer. How do i delete it or do i
    > need it? Thanks

    QuickTime is one of the three streaming video standards available; the other
    two are Real Player and Windows Media Player. Whether or not you need it is
    dependent on your need to play QuickTime videos.

    "lewpopp" <lewpopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried to delete quicktime and it says can't be deleted. It says close
    > all programs that uses quicktime. I don't know what programs even use this
    > feature or how it got installed on my computer. How do i delete it or do i
    > need it? Thanks

Quicktime Microsoft Windows XP