error log

? I was checking out my error log & for some reason it now keeps saying my
computer is configured as a member of a workgroup not as a member of a
domain?! Not sure what it means, how it changed, how to fix! It also reads
many times, attempting to write to an illegal port address, & attempting to
read from an illegal port! I'm just a beginner and don't have a clue, could
someone help please?
1 answer Last reply
More about error

    When you view the logged events in Event Viewer (double-click them in the
    right-hand pane) in the upper right corner, third button down is a copy to
    clipboard, then you can paste in the body of a reply message.

    Please do so for each of the different System Log events (that are a Type:
    'Error' or 'Warning') since last boot so we can see all of the event detail.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Lynn" wrote:
    |? I was checking out my error log & for some reason it now keeps saying
    my
    | computer is configured as a member of a workgroup not as a member of a
    | domain?! Not sure what it means, how it changed, how to fix! It also reads
    | many times, attempting to write to an illegal port address, & attempting
    | read from an illegal port! I'm just a beginner and don't have a clue,
    could
    | someone help please?

Microsoft Windows XP