lynn

? I was checking out my error log & for some reason it now keeps saying my
computer is configured as a member of a workgroup not as a member of a
domain?! Not sure what it means, how it changed, how to fix! It also reads
many times, attempting to write to an illegal port address, & attempting to
read from an illegal port! I'm just a beginner and don't have a clue, could
someone help please?

When you view the logged events in Event Viewer (double-click them in the
right-hand pane) in the upper right corner, third button down is a copy to
clipboard, then you can paste in the body of a reply message.

Please do so for each of the different System Log events (that are a Type:
'Error' or 'Warning') since last boot so we can see all of the event detail.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]