Video Performance in AutoCAD and Pro/Engineer Wildfire

May 4, 2005 10:40:04 AM

Hi.

I am having problems concerning video performance in AutoCAD 2004 and
Pro/Engineer Wildfire m180. In AutoCAD, the cursor blinks, or pulses, as you
move it across the screen. In Pro/Engineer, the cursor as blinks, along with
the entities on the screen.

The same programs work with the same video card on a NT 4 workstation. I
have already swapped video cards with a comparable model, set the video
settings at a higher level, and rolled the driver back to a earlier version
with no success.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:15:35 PM

You have told us NOTHING about the capabilities of your computer. Do you
think it may help other to help you?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I am having problems concerning video performance in AutoCAD 2004 and
> Pro/Engineer Wildfire m180. In AutoCAD, the cursor blinks, or pulses, as
> you
> move it across the screen. In Pro/Engineer, the cursor as blinks, along
> with
> the entities on the screen.
>
> The same programs work with the same video card on a NT 4 workstation. I
> have already swapped video cards with a comparable model, set the video
> settings at a higher level, and rolled the driver back to a earlier
> version
> with no success.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:15:36 PM

Sorry,

The computer is a 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP SP2.
It has a 32 MB Matrox Millenium G450. The software with problems is AutoCAD
2004 and PTC Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> You have told us NOTHING about the capabilities of your computer. Do you
> think it may help other to help you?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> "j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am having problems concerning video performance in AutoCAD 2004 and
> > Pro/Engineer Wildfire m180. In AutoCAD, the cursor blinks, or pulses, as
> > you
> > move it across the screen. In Pro/Engineer, the cursor as blinks, along
> > with
> > the entities on the screen.
> >
> > The same programs work with the same video card on a NT 4 workstation. I
> > have already swapped video cards with a comparable model, set the video
> > settings at a higher level, and rolled the driver back to a earlier
> > version
> > with no success.
> >
> > Any advice?
> >
> > Thanks.

May 4, 2005 6:20:55 PM

Better! I did not get real good performance with AutoCAD 2004 till I moved
up to 1 gig of Ram. Now I am using 1.5 gig and it works really fine. I
believe that the specs for the program were an 800 meg processor and 512 meg
of RAM - minimum!

--

> Sorry,
>
> The computer is a 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP
> SP2.
> It has a 32 MB Matrox Millenium G450. The software with problems is
> AutoCAD
> 2004 and PTC Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> You have told us NOTHING about the capabilities of your computer. Do you
>> think it may help other to help you?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

>> "j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I am having problems concerning video performance in AutoCAD 2004 and
>> > Pro/Engineer Wildfire m180. In AutoCAD, the cursor blinks, or pulses,
>> > as
>> > you
>> > move it across the screen. In Pro/Engineer, the cursor as blinks,
>> > along
>> > with
>> > the entities on the screen.
>> >
>> > The same programs work with the same video card on a NT 4 workstation.
>> > have already swapped video cards with a comparable model, set the video
>> > settings at a higher level, and rolled the driver back to a earlier
>> > version
>> > with no success.
>> >
>> > Any advice?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 6:20:56 PM

I have no problems like this with the same type of machines (1.7 P4, 256 MB
RAM, 32 MB Matrox Video) which are running AutoCAD and Pro/Engineer on
Windows NT 4.0 workstation. Are the Windows XP Pro Specs? I find it strange
that everything works well on NT 4.0 but not on Windows XP.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Better! I did not get real good performance with AutoCAD 2004 till I moved
> up to 1 gig of Ram. Now I am using 1.5 gig and it works really fine. I
> believe that the specs for the program were an 800 meg processor and 512 meg
> of RAM - minimum!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> "j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry,
> >
> > The computer is a 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP
> > SP2.
> > It has a 32 MB Matrox Millenium G450. The software with problems is
> > AutoCAD
> > 2004 and PTC Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0
> >
> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> You have told us NOTHING about the capabilities of your computer. Do you
> >> think it may help other to help you?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >>
> >> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
> >>
> >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >>

> >> "j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:59:48 PM

Do you have the correct drivers for your video card? Everything is different
in XP. You have to install the requisite drivers for all your hardware to
get maximum performance.

--

>I have no problems like this with the same type of machines (1.7 P4, 256
>MB
> RAM, 32 MB Matrox Video) which are running AutoCAD and Pro/Engineer on
> Windows NT 4.0 workstation. Are the Windows XP Pro Specs? I find it
> strange
> that everything works well on NT 4.0 but not on Windows XP.
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Better! I did not get real good performance with AutoCAD 2004 till I
>> moved
>> up to 1 gig of Ram. Now I am using 1.5 gig and it works really fine. I
>> believe that the specs for the program were an 800 meg processor and 512
>> meg
>> of RAM - minimum!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

>> "j-bird" <jbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry,
>> >
>> > The computer is a 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP
>> > SP2.
>> > It has a 32 MB Matrox Millenium G450. The software with problems is
>> > AutoCAD
>> > 2004 and PTC Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:29:19 PM

Yes, I had all the current drivers installed and the video card is set to
full hardware acceleration.

!