Compaq Armada M300 or HP Omnibook 6000?

Hi all,

I have an Armada M300 600Mhz P3, 192 ram, 12Gb HDD, DVD+Floppy (DVD and
Floppy drives in Mobile Expansion Unit.), 4Mb Ati Rage LT Pro. I may soon
have the opportunity to upgrade to an Omnibook 6000 800Mhz P3, 256 ram, 20Gb
HDD, DVD (Internal), 16Mb Ati Rage Mobility Pro (I think that is the Gfx
Card.)

My question is, would it be worth it?

Thanks,

Karl.
3 answers Last reply
More about compaq armada m300 omnibook 6000

    Not really, not a great difference.

    Is the M300 too slow, are there things you can't run?

    If you don't need the compute diference, don't spend the money!

    Bill

    "Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an Armada M300 600Mhz P3, 192 ram, 12Gb HDD, DVD+Floppy (DVD and
    > Floppy drives in Mobile Expansion Unit.), 4Mb Ati Rage LT Pro. I may soon
    > have the opportunity to upgrade to an Omnibook 6000 800Mhz P3, 256 ram,
    > 20Gb
    > HDD, DVD (Internal), 16Mb Ati Rage Mobility Pro (I think that is the Gfx
    > Card.)
    >
    > My question is, would it be worth it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Karl.

    Processor-wise, I agree. Not much difference. However, the Omnibook's Rage
    Mobility video is noticeably faster than the older Rage LT Pro video, so if
    graphics speed is important to you, take that into consideration.
    HH

    "Happy Canuck" <Happy_canuck@canada.com> wrote in message
    > Not really, not a great difference.
    >
    > Is the M300 too slow, are there things you can't run?
    >
    > If you don't need the compute diference, don't spend the money!
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > "Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I have an Armada M300 600Mhz P3, 192 ram, 12Gb HDD, DVD+Floppy (DVD and
    > > Floppy drives in Mobile Expansion Unit.), 4Mb Ati Rage LT Pro. I may
    soon
    > > have the opportunity to upgrade to an Omnibook 6000 800Mhz P3, 256 ram,
    > > 20Gb
    > > HDD, DVD (Internal), 16Mb Ati Rage Mobility Pro (I think that is the Gfx
    > > Card.)
    > >
    > > My question is, would it be worth it?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Karl.

    Money isn't an object here at all. I would be aquiring it as an
    ex-corporate laptop free of charge. Also, I do find the Graphics on my M300
    a bit restricting when it comes to running a few games. Another question I
    have is: The Omnibook is still on a Corporate Domain, with only a
    "Power-User" username and password. I know the u/n and p/w for it, but if I
    took it off the Domain to use on my home network workgroup, I would need to
    know the administrators account u/n and p/w. Any way of finding out what
    they are, and changing them? And what is the difference between a "Power
    User" and an Admin account?
    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Processor-wise, I agree. Not much difference. However, the Omnibook's Rage
    > Mobility video is noticeably faster than the older Rage LT Pro video, so
    if
    > graphics speed is important to you, take that into consideration.
    > HH
    >
    > "Happy Canuck" <Happy_canuck@canada.com> wrote in message
    > > Not really, not a great difference.
    > >
    > > Is the M300 too slow, are there things you can't run?
    > >
    > > If you don't need the compute diference, don't spend the money!
    > >
    > > Bill
    > >
    > > "Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > I have an Armada M300 600Mhz P3, 192 ram, 12Gb HDD, DVD+Floppy (DVD
    and
    > > > Floppy drives in Mobile Expansion Unit.), 4Mb Ati Rage LT Pro. I may
    > soon
    > > > have the opportunity to upgrade to an Omnibook 6000 800Mhz P3, 256
    ram,
    > > > 20Gb
    > > > HDD, DVD (Internal), 16Mb Ati Rage Mobility Pro (I think that is the
    Gfx
    > > > Card.)
    > > >
    > > > My question is, would it be worth it?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Karl.

Compaq Hewlett Packard Hard Drives Computers