AudioVox CDM8910 and BitPim Software

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 9, 2005 4:53:33 PM

I have just purchased an AudioVox CDM8910 phone, and I'm interested in
being able to download the picture (JPG) images off the phone, as well
as download and manipulate the phonebook inside. I suppose once I'm
playing with it, I'll probably want to mess with the ringtones as well.

I've seached the web extensively, and there seems to be conflicting
information on whether or not BitPim will work with the CDM8910. I
know that BitPim EXPLICITLY says not to use their software with the
CDM8900, but I've also read that the CDM8910 is "not an extension of
the CDM8900 family."

I'm planning on buying the USB CABLE for the phone from EFORCITY.COM.
It has a "black box" in the middle of it, and comes with driver
software.

Thanks!!

LesMan@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 6:38:47 PM

"LesMan" <lesman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1105307613.778824.40340@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> know that BitPim EXPLICITLY says not to use their software with the
> CDM8900, but I've also read that the CDM8910 is "not an extension of
> the CDM8900 family."

In general you will have no issue reading from the phone. It is when
writing to Audiovox phones that there are issues.

Roger
January 10, 2005 11:58:16 PM

In article <qfs8b2-n3n.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com>, Roger Binns wrote:

> "LesMan" <lesman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1105307613.778824.40340@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> know that BitPim EXPLICITLY says not to use their software with the
>> CDM8900, but I've also read that the CDM8910 is "not an extension of
>> the CDM8900 family."
>
> In general you will have no issue reading from the phone. It is when
> writing to Audiovox phones that there are issues.
>
> Roger

Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP will not be able to pull the
photos off of the phone. That was one of the features that Verizon
conveniently removed. I've got an Audiovox 9900 with the data cable.
I've only used it to surf with a laptop. What else can be done with the
data cable? I would assume that I can backup my addressbook but what else
is available? Can ringtones be transferred to the phone? Thanks.
January 11, 2005 2:54:18 AM

> Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP will not be able to pull the
> photos off of the phone. That was one of the features that Verizon
> conveniently removed.

I don't have the phone so I can't say. (I can say that there is a lot
of misinformation about what BitPim does or doesn't do, that people
then mangle/mix with the phone capabilities.)

The OP's post specifically quoted a section of the BitPim help about
dealing with Audiovox phones, and cited that as a reason. BitPim
will in fact work fine reading from the CDM8900 (which is the model
the help text covers). There may be other reasons you can't read
from the CDM8910, but not this one.

Roger
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 1:25:19 PM

if i get a data cable for the audiovox cdm8910 can i take ringtones and
wallpapers from my computer 2 my phone please let me know
slipknot3085@hotmail.com thanx!

--
trry