PC under performing in video games?

ThomasJazz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I have two questions, here is my first.
1: Should I be able to run in ultra with 60+ fps on this setup? http://i.imgur.com/On5n5.png
2: You probably noticed that I have SLI disabled on that setup, this is because I get less performance when SLI is enabled, why is this happening?

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
skyrim has horrible dual gpu support. I get better fps with a single HD 5770 than with both of mine in crossfire.

Try reinstalling the drivers. For me at least reinstalling my drivers fixed a similar issue i had.

use fraps and go to windhelm. go the the walkway above the town that takes you to dragonsreach... now turn around and look out over the landscape... let it sit and look at the fps... use this as a guide number... save the game and quit

now the reason and fix

there probably under performing because your causing a bottleneck by running them at such a low rez... to see if this is the problem go in to the nvidia pannel and overide the games fsaa settings and turn them up to x16

go back to the game with fraps running, load up your save and look at the fps.
you should notice your minimum frame rate go up if it does its pointing to a bottleneck (the game is cpu bound in towns but that will only make the bottleneck more obvious).

same goes for bf3 run the same test...

ThomasJazz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

When I put BF3 on all ultra with max anti aliasing, my fps drops to around 45 fps. I don't have skyrim on this version of windows

ThomasJazz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

Didn't help, I think I am going to buy a bigger monitor and see if that works for me