Not another Fallout 3 question.

Bdog737

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Okay first off,
trying to get Fallout 3 to work on my new computer.
Graphics Card= Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset GMA 4500
My specs say I have 780 MB in Graphics Memory (the card)
Computers RAM = 2 GB
Processor = 2.3 GHZ Dual
Windows 7 64 bit OS

Fallout's minimum specs are 2.4 Ghz Dual, 7800 NVADIA Graphics Card.

Why can't I get Fallout 3 to work?

I used to play this on my old Sony Vaio (1GB Ram, can't remember Graphics card, but it suk'd so I want to say 3500) 1.3 Ghz Dual. It was a little choppy on the old Sony, but worked and I actually beat the game on that laptop.

I really miss playing this game and would be very disappointed if my 6 yr old computer with a cracked mother board could run better games than my new Dell.

I've tried just about every mod'd driver trick to no avail. Gone in and altered the .ini files to try to get it to use an older processor, and have have tried to run the program using the old windows XP (and vista btw) with no success.

So give it to me straight. Is my Dell not as cool as I think it is and I can't play cool games like Fallout on them? Or is it some kind of compatibility issue with Bethalsadea (Fallout's design company) not keeping up w/ Windows 7 and new duals/quad cores? I've been up all night looking at utube videos, forums with posts that don't work, in short tried everything. Your forum seems to be the only one that gives intelligent AND honest answers, so give it to me straight, I can take it.

Bdog737

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Okay, I understand....I'm not saying your wrong, but I got it to work pretty good on my old LABTOP that had 1.3 ghz dual and NO GRAPHICS card. It also had less RAM (1 GB). Is it possible Sony just has a better graphics to processor interface that allowed me to run it (while Dell has a more standard processor to card interface)?