Compaq 5204 boot problem

I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
then start w98.
any ideas ??
I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
order.

thanks
Charlie

--
Semper Fi
2 answers Last reply

    Just the obvious.

    Did you leave a floppy in the A: drive?

    Tom
    "Charlie" <charlie597@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
    > W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
    > ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
    > get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
    > then start w98.
    > any ideas ??
    > I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
    > order.
    >
    > thanks
    > Charlie
    >
    > --
    > Semper Fi

    No -no floppy in A:\ drive
    > Just the obvious.
    >
    > Did you leave a floppy in the A: drive?
    >
    > Tom
    > "Charlie" <charlie597@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive,
    put
    > > W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new
    install
    > > ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded
    > > get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it
    will
    > > then start w98.
    > > any ideas ??
    > > I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change
    boot
    > > order.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Charlie