Compaq 5204 boot problem

Charlie

I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
then start w98.
any ideas ??
I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
order.

thanks
Charlie

--
Semper Fi

Just the obvious.

Did you leave a floppy in the A: drive?

Tom
"Charlie" <charlie597@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
> W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
> ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
> get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
> then start w98.
> any ideas ??
> I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
> order.
>
> thanks
> Charlie
>
> --