error message

May 5, 2005 5:16:02 AM

I am getting the following error message on start up anyone know how to sort
this

generic host process for win 32 services encountered a problem and needed to
close

Error signaure szappname svchost.exe szappver 0.0.0.0 sz mode name unknown
sz mod ver 0.0.0.0 offset 00000000

files included in error report
c\docume~1\johnta~1locals~1\temp\wer2f52 dir00\svchost.exe. mdmp
c\docume~1locals\~1\tempzwer2f52\appcompat.txt

More about : error message

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:39:45 PM

Please post a copy of the error report as it appears in Event Viewer.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~