error message

I am getting the following error message on start up anyone know how to sort
this

generic host process for win 32 services encountered a problem and needed to
close

Error signaure szappname svchost.exe szappver 0.0.0.0 sz mode name unknown
sz mod ver 0.0.0.0 offset 00000000

files included in error report
c\docume~1\johnta~1locals~1\temp\wer2f52 dir00\svchost.exe. mdmp
c\docume~1locals\~1\tempzwer2f52\appcompat.txt
1 answer Last reply
More about error message

    Please post a copy of the error report as it appears in Event Viewer.

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "error report" <error report@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting the following error message on start up anyone know how to
    >sort
    > this
    >
    > generic host process for win 32 services encountered a problem and
    > needed to
    > close
    >
    > Error signaure szappname svchost.exe szappver 0.0.0.0 sz mode name
    > unknown
    > sz mod ver 0.0.0.0 offset 00000000
    >
    > files included in error report
    > c\docume~1\johnta~1locals~1\temp\wer2f52 dir00\svchost.exe. mdmp
    > c\docume~1locals\~1\tempzwer2f52\appcompat.txt

Svchost.Exe Error Message Microsoft Windows XP