AUTOEXEC.NT error message

Hi everyone,
If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?

"16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

Close Ignore"
3 answers Last reply
More about autoexec error message

    "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > AUTOEXEC.NT error message
    >
    > Hi everyone,
    > If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
    > Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?
    >
    > "16 bit Windows Subsystem
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
    > terminate the application.
    >
    > Close Ignore"

    Don't worry guys,
    Fixed it with directions in this link -
    http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php
    Well I am learning to reseach myself, hey?

    Hi, I also got this message about windows NT,I did research and had to get a
    small utility called XPFIX.EXE to repair the corrupt files.I sugess you get
    this and store it some where because with the SP2 ,you will need it again and
    again like i do
    --
    shamoo,Good day

    "Freddo" wrote:

    > AUTOEXEC.NT error message
    >
    > Hi everyone,
    > If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
    > Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?
    >
    > "16 bit Windows Subsystem
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.
    >
    > Close Ignore"

    Thanks Jean Guy,
    Nice little utility. Found it at
    http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp
    Cheers

    "Jean Guy" <arica63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I also got this message about windows NT,I did research and had to get
    > small utility called XPFIX.EXE to repair the corrupt files.I sugess you
    > get
    > this and store it some where because with the SP2 ,you will need it again
    > and
    > again like i do
    > --
    > shamoo,Good day
    >

    > "Freddo" wrote:
    >
    >> AUTOEXEC.NT error message
    >>
    >> Hi everyone,
    >> If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
    >> Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?
    >>
    >> "16 bit Windows Subsystem
    >>
    >> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    >> running
    >> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    >> the
    >> application.
    >>
    >> Close Ignore"

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP