AUTOEXEC.NT error message

Hi everyone,
If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?

"16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

Close Ignore"

"Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> AUTOEXEC.NT error message
>
> Hi everyone,
> If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
> Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?
>
> "16 bit Windows Subsystem
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
> terminate the application.
>
> Close Ignore"

Don't worry guys,
Fixed it with directions in this link -
http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php
Well I am learning to reseach myself, hey?

Hi, I also got this message about windows NT,I did research and had to get a
small utility called XPFIX.EXE to repair the corrupt files.I sugess you get
this and store it some where because with the SP2 ,you will need it again and
again like i do
--
shamoo,Good day

"Freddo" wrote:

> AUTOEXEC.NT error message
>
> Hi everyone,
> If I get a message like this when trying to install a new program (on
> Windows XP SP2), what does it mean?
>
> "16 bit Windows Subsystem
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.
>
> Close Ignore"

Thanks Jean Guy,
Nice little utility. Found it at