PSU connectors for 6800 GT cards

david_c

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2004
I've learned that the GF 6800 GT needs a special power connector direct from the PSU to run, but when I've researched various PSUs online I can't find any mention of this connector.

Through helpful people on here I've learned a 380W PSU will be fine for an Athlon64 3500+ with a GF 6800GT, but I want to make sure the particular variety of PSU has the right connector for the gfx card.

If it helps, the case I am planning to get is the Chieftec Dragon Dx-01 (the purple one) so if someone could suggest a PSU that would be sufficient but not overpriced/overly powerful for my CPU, GFX card, HDD etc. then that would be ideal. I'm based in the UK, but I expect most US products can be found over here so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been a member of this site for 3 days and already I'm wondering how I got by without it!

RichPLS

Champion
Special video card connectors are usually included with the card, but some take just a standard 4-pin connector, and even those usually come with a by-pass connector.
I would use a 400-watt psu as a minumum. You can not have to much power, the more powerfull the psu, the easier and thus cooler it runs, which translates to a longer life.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Fortron Source, Sparkle Power, or Aopen FSP400 would be great, but for a few dollars more you can get the FSP530.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS