Word Document opens in Explorer window

I made an html file to view in explorer that links to many things i use,
like some word documents and pdf files. they always open in an explorer
window. does anyone know how to make them open in the original program. so
if i click on a word document link, it actually opens the document in Word
or if i click on a pdf link, it actually opens the document in adobe reader.
any help is appreciated,

tom D
1 answer Last reply
More about word document opens explorer window

    Hi Tom Doggett,

    How to configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the
    appropriate Office program instead of in Internet Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q162059/

    For .PDF files, open Adobe Acrobat reader and uncheck "Display PDF in
    browser" or similar option, depending upon the version of A.Reader you use.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Tom Doggett" <tom@tomdoggett.com> wrote in message
    >I made an html file to view in explorer that links to many things i use,
    >like some word documents and pdf files. they always open in an explorer
    >window. does anyone know how to make them open in the original program. so
    >if i click on a word document link, it actually opens the document in Word
    >or if i click on a pdf link, it actually opens the document in adobe
    >reader.
    > any help is appreciated,
    >
    > tom D

Document Explorer Windows XP