Word Document opens in Explorer window

I made an html file to view in explorer that links to many things i use,
like some word documents and pdf files. they always open in an explorer
window. does anyone know how to make them open in the original program. so
if i click on a word document link, it actually opens the document in Word
or if i click on a pdf link, it actually opens the document in adobe reader.
any help is appreciated,

tom D

Hi Tom Doggett,

How to configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the
appropriate Office program instead of in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q162059/

For .PDF files, open Adobe Acrobat reader and uncheck "Display PDF in
browser" or similar option, depending upon the version of A.Reader you use.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User