From: "carmeli1" <carmeli1@y...>
To: <CompaqProblems@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: [CompaqProblems] Power icon on the taskbar

I can not see the battery/AC power icon on the taskbar, although I've
selected the option in the advanced Power Options properties. The local HP
support in my country has advised me to de-select> the option and then
select again. It works until the next start of the computer. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin Childers wrote:
> Anyone here have any suggestions on this? It has already been
> suggested that the CMOS battery might be dead, but it appears to hold
> the correct date and time.
>
> Additionally, can anyone think of a way to automatically include
> them in post to this group and their post from that group in this
> one? As I see it the more questions asked and solved the greater the
> accumulated knowledge and expertise in both.
>
> KC

Right-click the start button, select Properties. Select the Taskbar tab,
Customize button. Look for the power icon, select the behavior entry
and choose Always Show from the drop-down list. Be sure to scroll down
for the Past Items list where it might be hiding.

hh

Is the original OS installed or was it upgraded?
HH