Scheduling Disk Defragmenter

May 7, 2005 7:50:12 AM

It seems that XP wil not allow Disk Defragmenter to be assigned to run as a
scheduled task! Has anyone managed to overcome this problem? I could of
course set myself a monthly reminder in my ISP and just load the program
manually!
--
David morrison
Anonymous

Hi David,

The task will only start if the account has password and administrator
rights.

Here a script that may be helpful.
Defragment All Hard Drives
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/defrag_all...

Tweakui can be use to automatically logon to a passworded account.

Microsoft PowerToys - Tweakui for WinXP: Ver. 2.10 requires WinXP SP1
and later
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/downloads/power...

With NO Service Packs installed, the earlier version can be found
here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install...

TweakUI can be accessed from Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
Windows XP

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

David Morrison wrote:
> It seems that XP wil not allow Disk Defragmenter to be
> assigned to run as a scheduled task! Has anyone managed
> to overcome this problem? I could of course set myself a
> monthly reminder in my ISP and just load the program
> manually!
May 7, 2005 5:59:01 PM

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?...
!