Scheduling Disk Defragmenter

It seems that XP wil not allow Disk Defragmenter to be assigned to run as a
scheduled task! Has anyone managed to overcome this problem? I could of
course set myself a monthly reminder in my ISP and just load the program
manually!
--
David morrison
2 answers Last reply

    Hi David,

    The task will only start if the account has password and administrator
    rights.

    Here a script that may be helpful.
    Defragment All Hard Drives
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/defrag_all.htm

    Tweakui can be use to automatically logon to a passworded account.

    Microsoft PowerToys - Tweakui for WinXP: Ver. 2.10 requires WinXP SP1
    and later
    http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/downloads/powertoys.asp

    With NO Service Packs installed, the earlier version can be found
    here:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    TweakUI can be accessed from Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
    Windows XP

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    "David Morrison" wrote:

    > It seems that XP wil not allow Disk Defragmenter to be assigned to run as a
    > scheduled task! Has anyone managed to overcome this problem? I could of
    > course set myself a monthly reminder in my ISP and just load the program
    > manually!
    > --
    > David morrison

    http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=15600170

Internet Service Providers Microsoft Windows XP