Defragging External USB Drive

May 7, 2005 5:16:05 PM

I have a Maxtor External usb drive that I just use for backups. I'm using
TrueImage8 and the files that it creates are about 25GB in size. Other than
two of these are only copies of videos. Do I need to defrag this external
drive? Thanks.
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 2:35:55 AM

Nope. Let it be.

--
Walter Clayton

"victord66" <victord66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Maxtor External usb drive that I just use for backups. I'm using
> TrueImage8 and the files that it creates are about 25GB in size. Other
> than
> two of these are only copies of videos. Do I need to defrag this
> external
> drive? Thanks.
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:23:03 AM

victord66 wrote:
> I have a Maxtor External usb drive that I just use for backups. I'm
> using TrueImage8 and the files that it creates are about 25GB in
> size. Other than two of these are only copies of videos. Do I need
> to defrag this external drive? Thanks.

Unlikely.

--
--
The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you