Sign in with
Your question

Will hard truck 2 work with windows 7?

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2012 5:06:55 PM

i have hard truck 2 and it downloads and all but when i go to click play it goes to the player screen and then it acts like it crashers whats going on
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2012 5:18:54 PM

Hi :) 

This is why....

Hard Truck. System Requirements:
- Pentium 266 CPU (Pentium III recommended for best performance)
- 64 MB RAM
- Direct3D compatible hardware accelerator
- Windows compatible sound card (recommended)
- Force Feedback steering wheel and pedals (recommended)
- Windows 9X, Windows 2000
- DirectX 7.X

Too old...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 16, 2012 5:36:36 PM

the game is to old for the new windows?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2012 11:12:35 PM

Yeah. Sometime it happens that older software / games will not work with newer operating systems because the OS can execute some types of instructions differently than the OS the program / game was originally designed for.

Also, the game does not have to be very old to not work or to have problems. Fallout 3 is a recent game; released back in 2008. The game is not officially supported by Windows 7, some people have issues running that game, but there are workarounds to get it up and running.

I had minor issues getting Fallout 3 running on my laptop with Win 7. However, I have issues running G.E.C.K. in Win 7. That is an official Fallout 3 toolkit used to create modifications for the game. So far, I cannot get it up and running and have not found a solution.
m
l
January 18, 2012 3:32:39 PM

Have you tried running in compatibility mode? Right click the exe file, go to properties, and then the compatibility tab.
m
l
!