linksys wga54g

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Has anyone got one? I have a problem with mine:

1. the set-up software will not recognise it.

2. I can ping 192.168.1.250 (management ip) but as soon as I attempt to
access via a web browser I have a problem. I am able to input the
default id and password but the browser hangs. If i try a ping
192.168.1.250 -t at the same time all is well until I input the password
and hit 'enter'; then the ping times out.

3. the power light is, after the unit has been on for 5 seconds or so,
always orange. surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?

Please don't give me any advice about wireless set-up or encryption - I
have not got that far yet as I have not been able to manually configure
the device!

TIA,
Damo

Only a thought but try disabling your firewall if you have one, mine stopped
me accessing the set-up screens.
Cheers T

damo wrote:

> surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?

Not sure about the wga54g but the wrtgs54 & befsx41 but run with a
green led ... didnt look for the manual for what orange means, are the
setting factory default? if not might be worth a try.

Is it new/ new to you? have you logged in before etc?.

Andrew

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Andrew Nisbet wrote:
> damo wrote:
>

>>surely, if it is working correctly it should be green?
>

> Not sure about the wga54g but the wrtgs54 & befsx41 but run with a
> green led ... didnt look for the manual for what orange means, are the
> setting factory default? if not might be worth a try.
>
> Is it new/ new to you? have you logged in before etc?.
>
> Andrew

That's the problem. It is an ebay purchase.... I have only managed to
get as far as I have said in my OP.

ok, the manual (ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wga54g_ug.pdf) mentions the
light should be green, and does not mention an orange or amber led.

It looks like simply pressing the reset button does the factory reset,
i.e. it does not say for how long ... as the .250 is the default
address it may not make a difference, but worth a try.

Not sure if you can reload the firmware via tftp, it only mentions the
web interface, that might be the problem as is has basic connectivity
vi ip and things seem to go bad (oragne) after some inital tests are run

good luck.

A.

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Andrew Nisbet wrote:
> ok, the manual (ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wga54g_ug.pdf) mentions the
> light should be green, and does not mention an orange or amber led.
>
> It looks like simply pressing the reset button does the factory reset,
> i.e. it does not say for how long ... as the .250 is the default
> address it may not make a difference, but worth a try.
>
> Not sure if you can reload the firmware via tftp, it only mentions the
> web interface, that might be the problem as is has basic connectivity
> vi ip and things seem to go bad (oragne) after some inital tests are run
>
> good luck.
>
> A.

had it confirmed by linksys support that it is a firmware problem. no
way of fixing via tftp (which I guessed). pity.