Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 major graphics problem making it unplayable

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2012 10:23:01 PM

Hello,

I recently picked up Battlefield 3 a couple of days ago for the pc. I played a few games of multiplayer online with no problems, but big open maps like caspian border and such have massive artifact problems with flickering shadows and black sreen tearing making it impossible to play. Some textures will also just appear pink.

My computer specs are; windows 7 64bit, I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40ghz, 8.00gb of ram and a GeForce GTX 560Ti. None of this has been overclocked, and the computer is a couple of months old. I have upgraded my video card drivers to the latest version.

Any assistance with the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
January 17, 2012 12:43:22 AM

heatproof said:
Hello,

I recently picked up Battlefield 3 a couple of days ago for the pc. I played a few games of multiplayer online with no problems, but big open maps like caspian border and such have massive artifact problems with flickering shadows and black sreen tearing making it impossible to play. Some textures will also just appear pink.

My computer specs are; windows 7 64bit, I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40ghz, 8.00gb of ram and a GeForce GTX 560Ti. None of this has been overclocked, and the computer is a couple of months old. I have upgraded my video card drivers to the latest version.

Any assistance with the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Artifacting/shadows could mean either an overhating card or driver issues. Do you run a program to monitor heat? try using MSI after burner and looking at temps, if temps are good I would say a faulty card or bad drivers. Try wiping and or reinstalling drivers. Hopefully that does the trick
m
l
January 17, 2012 1:00:30 AM

envymert said:
Artifacting/shadows could mean either an overhating card or driver issues. Do you run a program to monitor heat? try using MSI after burner and looking at temps, if temps are good I would say a faulty card or bad drivers. Try wiping and or reinstalling drivers. Hopefully that does the trick

Thanks for the reply,

I upgraded my drivers to the latest beta version and so far I've noticed none of the graphic problems that were plaguing my game. Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2012 2:35:15 AM

turn physics off until you get it updated... the chances are your seeing huge poly streaking cause by physx clashing with the frostbite 3 engine...
you may also want to update your gfx drivers while you get the newest physics driver.
i used to have this issue with my old 88gt on cod 4...

click the thumb and have a look... is this the kind of thing your seeing...
if so it is caused by physx being enabled.
m
l
January 18, 2012 9:20:43 AM

It's a known issue with nvidia drivers specifically with battlefield 3. Check their website forum. Try dropping back to their original battlefield 3 beta driver 285.38. Worked for me.
m
l
!