Wireless router with bandwidth limiting

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

Hello:

I am looking for a wireless router that has the capability to limit
bandwidth through it (inbound and outbound traffic). Basically I have
a regular network already in place with a firewall, and would like to
add a wireless router on the LAN and limit the people that use the
wireless portion of it to something like 256-512 kbps. I would like to
be able to set a maximum rate inbound and outbound for the wireless
users (i.e. 512kbps/256kbps for download/upload respectively, etc).

Can anybody direct me in the right direction of a wireless router that
can do this? Preferably something less than $100 would be good. I'm
even open to using a router with third party firmware.

Thank you very much in advance for the feedback!!
--
Chris
2 answers Last reply

    On 22 Aug 2005 10:58:19 -0700, chris@groupinfo.com wrote:

    >I am looking for a wireless router that has the capability to limit
    >bandwidth through it (inbound and outbound traffic).

    Sveasoft Alchemy or Talisman on Linksys WRT54G. About $50 after
    rebates:
    > http://docs.sveasoft.com/SV-Administration-Management-BandwidthManagement.html

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
    AE6KS 831-336-2558
  2. Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

    In article <1124733499.753342.104070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    chris@groupinfo.com says...
    > Hello:
    >
    > I am looking for a wireless router that has the capability to limit
    > bandwidth through it (inbound and outbound traffic). Basically I have

    I have a Draytek 2200 and it has capabilities for bandwithcontroling,
    See Draytek.com for more details....

    Peter

Wireless Router Wireless Bandwidth Wireless Networking