Fan pulling air in instead of blowing air out

nereus7

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
I have 2 fans in my enermax case. One is on the back and one is on the side window. The back one blows out and the side on pulls air in.

I heard the most efficient would be if they both blow out, how do i change this?

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
is there also one for the front blowing in ?
if not may consider adding one
if not side in -rear out is acceptable , if they all blow out, where would fresh air come in ????

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You would flip the fan over, but don't. You want the side fan to blow in so it directs cool air at the devices under it. Whoever told you otherwise needs to come talk to the real experts here, there are several to set him straight.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

nereus7

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
yeah, i got a bit ripped off on the case, there's a spot for it in the front, but theres no place for it to get/push out air.

alright, i'll leave it for now, there is room for one more in the back, think i should get one in there or maybe just replace thge stock ones with good ones

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Generally, front and side for inlets, back and top for outlets. Most cases that have no inlets in the front panel but have room for a fan behind it, have a large notched out place on the underside of the face panel (like a hand hold) for air to come in from the space under it. If yours doesn't even have that, you could cut most of the bottom off of the front panel as an inlet hole, since nobody sees the underside of the front panel anyway.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BSMichel

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2004
Well, imho the critical point here should be processor fan. If should pull air in the same direction of the side case fan. If they have opposite directions airflow is chaotic. Once you have arranged this two just make the other fan pull air in the opposite direction. If side and processor fans pull air OUT of the case you have to make the other fan to pull some air INTO the case and viceversa.

BSMichel.

Actually the CPU fan should always be blowing air down on the heatsink, generally they are never the other way.

Airflow is generally always chaotic in cases, just becuase of all the stuff in the way, you are just trying to keep hot spots from happening. You just want to keep hot air from being trapped in one area.

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html</A>