Lenovo's $10,000 Laptop That You Can't Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
an Intel/Lenovo campaign called 'What's Your Idea of Fun?'

My idea of "fun" sure isn't one of paying such an exorbitant sum of money for such pointless alterations such as these, to a laptop. I could think of an infinite number of things I would rather spend $10,000 on. Why do people even buy things like this?

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Honestly, that looks kinda ugly. Much as I hate Apple, you have to give them credit for their case designs. Nothing out there looks as pretty as a MacBook pro.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
screw this P.O.S ,
with all that money I could get a monster rig i7 980X + 2x gtx 580 in sli + 12GB DOMINATORS + 4 SSDs + water cooling + huge 1080p 3dtv at less price.
Who cares about diamonds?!

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
$10K is elaborate, but still not unaffordable. If it's a hobby, all hobbies have a way of costing money. As long as it's not $100K, it "could" still be sweat, love, & tears.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Man, that finger print just kills it. I'm sure the one person who would buy that thing would demand that the finger get taken off of the person who did that.

[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]screw this P.O.S , with all that money I could get a monster rig i7 980X + 2x gtx 580 in sli + 12GB DOMINATORS + 4 SSDs + water cooling + huge 1080p 3dtv at less price.Who cares about diamonds?![/citation]

Yes but that 10K laptop won't increase your electric bill, your 10K PC will. XD

freshnbaked

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]$10K is elaborate, but still not unaffordable. If it's a hobby, all hobbies have a way of costing money. As long as it's not $100K, it "could" still be sweat, love, & tears.[/citation]

honestly, you couldn't, I priced a few to the hilt rigs and they surpass 18k with only one 23" screen, and without 3D vision.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
O shame and here I thought it might have a desktop NV580gtx or ATi6970 in it, how boring it only has mods / jewelery on it.

Don't tell CrApple they might legally harass Lenovo for doing something as stupid as CrApple does.

This is about as useful as having a cactus plan for toilet paper, ooooohhhh so comfortable Arizona style.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]Honestly, that looks kinda ugly. Much as I hate Apple, you have to give them credit for their case designs. Nothing out there looks as pretty as a MacBook pro.[/citation]
Why is this comment down-voted so badly? A lot of Apple's innovation goes into making their products look beautiful.

I challenge anyone to find a laptop that looks nearly as nice as a MacBook Pro. This Lenevo looks like shit save for the mirror top and diamonds.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]Honestly, that looks kinda ugly. Much as I hate Apple, you have to give them credit for their case designs. Nothing out there looks as pretty as a MacBook pro.[/citation]
I think part of the reason the MBP looks so sexy is that it's just uncluttered. No loads of extra dvd player control buttons, no rows of flashy LED's, no gaudy intel / nvidia / microsoft stickers all over the palm rest. Just plain billet aluminum. Mmmmm

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Any marketing prof will tell you, that this kind of super luxury market is growing fast.
U could make toothbrushes with diamonds and there would be plenty of potential buyers (probably most of them russians and arabs)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]matchboxmatt[/nom]Why is this comment down-voted so badly? A lot of Apple's innovation goes into making their products look beautiful.I challenge anyone to find a laptop that looks nearly as nice as a MacBook Pro. This Lenevo looks like shit save for the mirror top and diamonds.[/citation]

It's called an opinion. Those are separate from the world of facts. I happen to think MacBooks are hideous.

G

So far, Lenovo is an uninspiring brand, with too much software junk included with their computers/laptops...and this does not add to Lenovo's appeal. Diamonds or not, this thing is ugly as sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.