Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Your Favorite JRPG's \(^o ^)/

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 17, 2012 3:41:52 PM

YO! so I've started getting into playing JRPG's, I have a few like

the Xenosaga series
.Hack GU
Dawn of Mana
and i just bought final fantasy XII

why all the PS2 games?
because their a dime a dozen at Rock30 and they beat most of the modern games made today ... and i like to see how far my rig can emulate :p 

anyway so what are your top favorite JRPG's? (preferably for PS2, but all is welcome)

:) 

More about : favorite jrpg

January 17, 2012 4:21:40 PM

Nothing has, or will ever come close to Final Fantasy VII IMO
m
0
l
January 19, 2012 2:37:37 PM

The Persona series, but the first few were the best, and chrono cross... uhm Twewy for the DS (not sure if it exactly fits in that specific genre but its a good game none the less)

missing some but I just woke up :) 
m
0
l
January 19, 2012 3:12:21 PM

there is an anime series that the .hack games are based off

and a couple movies as well.


m
0
l
January 20, 2012 8:18:38 PM

Lost Odyssey was a good JRPG...At least I think it's a JRPG
m
0
l
January 24, 2012 7:12:52 PM

chriscornell said:
Nothing has, or will ever come close to Final Fantasy VII IMO

ive never playd the game, but i love ffx. how do they compare?
m
0
l
January 24, 2012 7:40:19 PM

mahin1islam said:
ive never playd the game, but i love ffx. how do they compare?


WHAT!!!...

Go buy it from the PSN.... NOW!!!

You cannot start a thread based on JRPGs and not have played FFVII.

That would be like starting a thread about your favorite Star Wars movie without never watching TESB.

FFVII is the benchmark that every modern FF will be review against, if not openly, the reviewer is unquestionably basing their judgment off the game based on the standard VII laid forth.

It made JRPG's a selling force outside of Japan and ushered in the era of western RPG's.

Also check out Xenogears. Quite possibly the best RPG on the PSX, even better the FFVII IMO.
m
0
l
January 24, 2012 7:50:54 PM

Jprobes said:
WHAT!!!...

Go buy it from the PSN.... NOW!!!

You cannot start a thread based on JRPGs and not have played FFVII.

That would be like starting a thread about your favorite Star Wars movie without never watching TESB.

FFVII is the benchmark that every modern FF will be review against, if not openly, the reviewer is unquestionably basing their judgment off the game based on the standard VII laid forth.

It made JRPG's a selling force outside of Japan and ushered in the era of western RPG's.

Also check out Xenogears. Quite possibly the best RPG on the PSX, even better the FFVII IMO.

Ight i will :) . btw, i didnt start the thread
m
0
l
January 24, 2012 9:26:03 PM

mahin1islam said:
Ight i will :) . btw, i didnt start the thread


Ahh my bad. I enraged when I read your post and assumed you were the OP responding.

My apologies =o)
m
0
l
January 26, 2012 7:27:36 PM

lol that comment was aimed at me but, I have been playing the other FF games from the nes up...

and for the life of me i cant find xenogears (at local stores)

BTW were their an other super awesome Jrpgs for the PS1 ?
m
0
l
!