RUNDLL - Error Loading C:Program FilesWildTangentAppsCDAcd..

May 11, 2005 1:51:06 AM

I keep getting this darn thing everytime I sign on. Can anyone please help
me get rid of it?
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:11:39 PM

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "MarkD" wrote:
>
>> I keep getting this darn thing everytime I sign on. Can anyone please
>> help
>> me get rid of it?
>
> Ad-Aware SE - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Using Ad-Aware may have caused this. Sometimes it doesn't do a complete job
when removing Wild Tangent.

MarkD:

Run Msconfig and remove the check mark from anything to do with Wild
Tangent. If this doesn't work post back here for more help. This doesn't
mean don't use Ad-Aware. I highly recommend it. Just be aware that it
sometimes doesn't provide a 100% fix. It has removed Wild Tangent but there
is still an entry in the registry trying to load it. This will not cause any
harm or problems but is an annoyance.

Kerry
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:24:10 PM

If you've recently scanned for spyware, the program you used may
have deleted the file but left behind the registry entry that
loads this pest when your computer starts. In order to disable
that startup entry you might want to try the following:

Go to Start -> Run and enter msconfig in the Open box.
Click on the Startup tab.
Note: In order to see the entire column, move your mouse pointer
over the vertical bar located to the right of Location. When the
pointer turns into a double sided arrow double click with your
left mouse button. Do the same for Command.
Look for an entry that references that file.
Remove the check mark next to it.
Close the System Configuration Utility.
Restart your computer.
Once your computer starts, you should see a notice about running
in Diagnostic mode.
Put a check mark in the box and click OK.

Running your antivirus and antispyware programs again wouldn't
hurt.

Good luck

--
Nepatsfan