Presario 710 battery charger dead

I have a Presario 710 US on which the battery or the charger has gone south.

Unit works fine on AC. But battery life is about 5 minutes. Charging the
battery only restores it to about 5 minutes. Have had the machine for two
years and when new I could get maybe 90 minutes out of a charge, and I
always discharged the battery regularly so it wouldn't retain a "memory."

I could buy a new battery, but am concerned that if the charging system is
bad, the new battery will not work very long in the system.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

If the power supply allows it to work on AC, what makes you believe the
battery is not the problem? Two years is past the average life of a
battery. The batteries don't have a 'memory' and haven't since the old
NiCads.

Sounds like your battery is dead.

Tom