Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bluetooth Phones

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 10, 2005 10:19:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Can someone list some bluetooh Verizon phones that I could use the Jabra 250
with for Bluetooth. Would these phones support voice activated calling?

Thanks.

--
Sitruc

More about : bluetooth phones

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:46:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:19:14 -0500, Curtis wrote
(in article <YOadncjEZrwehn7cRVn-3A@comcast.com>):

> Subject: Bluetooth Phones
> From: "Curtis" <sitruc@[127.0.0.1]>
> Date: Yesterday 7:19 PM
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>
> Can someone list some bluetooh Verizon phones that I could use the Jabra 250
> with for Bluetooth. Would these phones support voice activated calling?

As far as I know the only Verizon phone that would support it is the Motorola
V710.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:08:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:19:14 -0500, Curtis wrote

>
> Subject: Bluetooth Phones
> From: "Curtis" <sitruc@[127.0.0.1]>
> Date: Yesterday 7:19 PM
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>
> Can someone list some bluetooh Verizon phones that I could use the
> Jabra 250 with for Bluetooth. Would these phones support voice
> activated calling?

You do know they actually make two models of the BT-250 don't you? The
headset (earpiece) itself is wireless and uses bluetooth to either
communicate with the phone, or for non BT phones, the charger/holder (in non
bt models, it plugs into the phone).
Result, the same headset/earpice works with BOTH, although both versions
support voice dialing, only using the earpice with a bluetooth phone,
supports voice hanging up.

I personally prefer the model for non BT phones, it not only works with cell
phones, but also other devices with a 2.5 MM headset jack (cordless phones,
sound cards for VOIP, etc). Just to be clear, I do have to physically push
the end button with non BT devices, but the benefits of being able to use it
on a wide variety of devices, is a plus for me (PS.. the charger/carrier
base itself is the same for both models, just for non BT it has a wire
coming out of it you stick in the headset jack)
Related resources
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 8:51:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

At the Verizon store near my home (San Jose, CA) you have 8-10 sales reps
running all over the place, and every dang one of em have one of those big
bluetooth earpieces on their head. It looks like a sci-fi movie, where
someone in 'the control room' could press a button and command all of these
drones to kill all of the customers in an instant... or at least walk down
to KFC and grab a bucket.

-Xy


"SinghaLvr" <singhalvr@charter.net> wrote in message
news:0001HW.BE0934BD00164FD9F02845B0@nntp.charter.net...
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:19:14 -0500, Curtis wrote
> (in article <YOadncjEZrwehn7cRVn-3A@comcast.com>):
>
>> Subject: Bluetooth Phones
>> From: "Curtis" <sitruc@[127.0.0.1]>
>> Date: Yesterday 7:19 PM
>> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>>
>> Can someone list some bluetooh Verizon phones that I could use the Jabra
>> 250
>> with for Bluetooth. Would these phones support voice activated calling?
>
> As far as I know the only Verizon phone that would support it is the
> Motorola
> V710.
>
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 6:10:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:51:51 -0500, Xyloc wrote
(in article <XmUEd.4298$pZ4.1235@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>):

> Subject: Re: Bluetooth Phones
> From: "Xyloc" <Xyloc@hotmail.com>
> Date: Tuesday 12:51 PM
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>
> At the Verizon store near my home (San Jose, CA) you have 8-10 sales reps
> running all over the place, and every dang one of em have one of those big
> bluetooth earpieces on their head. It looks like a sci-fi movie, where
> someone in 'the control room' could press a button and command all of these
> drones to kill all of the customers in an instant... or at least walk down
> to KFC and grab a bucket.

How funny, I envisioned the same thing when I saw those headsets.
(Maybe it shows how much of a geek I am)
:-)
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 12:44:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:51:51 GMT, "Xyloc" <Xyloc@hotmail.com> wrote:

>At the Verizon store near my home (San Jose, CA) you have 8-10 sales reps
>running all over the place, and every dang one of em have one of those big
>bluetooth earpieces on their head. It looks like a sci-fi movie, where
>someone in 'the control room' could press a button and command all of these
>drones to kill all of the customers in an instant... or at least walk down
>to KFC and grab a bucket.
>
>-Xy

Sheesh, you folks are so paranoid. Really, you are quite safe in
there.

Now, if those same sales drones start wearing some form of wierd
telescoping monocle fitted with a laser beam, my advise would be to
leave...quickly!
!