Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Everytime I try to start the task manager, I get a message telling me it's
been disabled by the administrator. How do I enable it again? I do have
access to the administrator accout.

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Chris" wrote:

| Everytime I try to start the task manager, I get a message telling me it's
| been disabled by the administrator. How do I enable it again? I do have
| access to the administrator accout.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:18:13 PM

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thank you. That solved my problem.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Chris" wrote:
>
> | Everytime I try to start the task manager, I get a message telling me it's
> | been disabled by the administrator. How do I enable it again? I do have
> | access to the administrator accout.
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
> Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:18:13 PM

Hi Chris,

There is a good chance Task Manager was disabled by a virus or
malware.

Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User