mi computer resets itself

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
hello friends...like many times i need your help.lets see.
my computer is an xp 2100+ kudoz 7333a, two hard drives one lg dvd writer and a dvd toshiba.i have never had problems with this setup.but, problems began when i first install a psu levicom 420W black series. my computer works perfectly till suddenly it restarts without any thing suspicious, and this occurs no matter which of my two windows systems installed on both two hard drives is started.no matter which programs or software i install...the computer at different times and time of real activity it resets.

these are the measures of motherboard monitor 5 of my psu

+3.3v an average of 3.25v
+5v an average of 4.88v
+12v an average of 12.21v
-12v an average of -11.72v
-5v an average of 1.53v

is there anything wrong??any idea??all your inputs will be much appreciated.
thanks a lot to all

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
I would say without a doubt its the PSU that is the problem, although i suspect you already know this being that you posted on this specific forum. I recommend you send it back and buy a Antec True Power 430 or 480w.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Or a Fortron Source 400W.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Or a sparkle/fortran 530watt can be had on NewEgg for $80

Best PS for the price.

RichPLS

Champion
XR, glad to see your not banned)

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
thanks for all inputs...but actually...none of you were right.i am testing the quality of the advises you give..and none has passed...you should have already know...that all measurements of psu were dammed right.no problem was to be dued to psu inestability.the problem was the memory...which had been replaced or moved while psu plugged to electricity...so slots of ram were harmed. but anyway...i consider that many times....good advises are given so i congratulate all of you.