Type of RAM?

I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US. How do I find out what kind of
RAM is in it? I want to add more RAM to my system. Thanks.
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

"Dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@softhome.net> wrote in message
> I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US. How do I find out what kind of
> RAM is in it? I want to add more RAM to my system. Thanks.
> -----
> Kim/Dreamspinner3
> Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

try this

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Compaq%2BPresario.&mfr=Compaq&cat=RAM&model=Presario+7110.&submit=Go

Okay, I did. But I want to buy my memory locally & I don't understand
how to tell the people at the store what I need.

> Okay, I did. But I want to buy my memory locally & I don't understand
> how to tell the people at the store what I need.
>
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:29:10 +0100, "K4" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@softhome.net> wrote in message
> >> I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US. How do I find out what kind of
> >> RAM is in it? I want to add more RAM to my system. Thanks.
> >> -----
> >> Kim/Dreamspinner3
> >> Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/
> >
> >try this
> >

>http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Compaq%2BPresa
rio.&mfr=Compaq&cat=RAM&model=Presario+7110.&submit=Go

> -----
> Kim/Dreamspinner3
> Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Hi, ignore that last link anyway it's for a different model.

You want PC2100 DDR SDRAM (266MHz) CL 2.5 non-parity DIMMs, either 128MB,
256MB or 512MB modules.

Your motherboard's only got two slots, each a separate bank. Find out if
one of the slots is empty, otherwise to upgrade you'll have to remove one or
both modules you've got now for larger ones. If you've got 512MB now it's
probably in 2 x 256MB modules.

HTH.