Chkdsk gives unspecified error and stops

jeff

Any idea why it does this?
Do I need to reformat the disk to clear it?

I'm pretty sure it's a system file, cause it boots VERY slowly.

Jeff

Go to the web site of the manufacturer of your hard disk and use their
diagnostics to scan your disk for problems. (The web site will provide
complete instructions.) Chkdsk is fine, as far as it goes, but the
manufacturer's diagnostics are more thorough. The diagnostics will provide
all the information you need to discuss whatever problems you may be having
with the disk manufacturer's tech support reps.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any idea why it does this?
> Do I need to reformat the disk to clear it?
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a system file, cause it boots VERY slowly.
>
> Jeff

jeff

Thanks!
Western Digital has a diagnostic to download!

Jeff