Battlefield 3 Driver Problem?

Just a little bit ago I got on Battlefield 3 and I was playing fine for a little bit like always but then I lost connection to the game I was in. Then shortly after I was joining another game and my screen went black and came back on and said "Display Driver has stopped working but has recovered successfully" and will not let me join a game now. I have already reinstalled my drivers and I am running Catalyst version 11.12 on a Radeon HD 6870 so what should I do?
6 answers Last reply
More about battlefield driver problem
  1. That is what happens when your overclock is too high for the voltage or for the game to remain stable. Increase voltage or lower clocks.
  2. casualcolors said:
    That is what happens when your overclock is too high for the voltage or for the game to remain stable. Increase voltage or lower clocks.

I have never overclocked my Video Card, I just used Steam to update my Video Drivers and it worked.
  3. So you're working now? Had a faulty driver install or something that was repaired then.
  4. penley54:

Can I ask you what FPS your'e getting with that cpu/gpu.
    Do you play at 1920x1080? If so at which settings, High?

I have a Athlon II x3 445 and the same gpu. I'm thinking of buying BF3 for pc (allready have it on my ps3) but i'm unsure if, cause won't botter if I have to lower the graphics settings to much to obtain a good playable fps (+50).
  5. I run 1080p from around 40-80 fps depending on which map I am on, with high setting.
  6. try limiting your upper fps to 60 and that should increase your lower average. as you free up the gpu, because its not having to make excessive frames... make a file called user.cfg and add the following, then put in the main install folder

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60.000000
    render.drawfps 1
    Render.DrawScreenInfo 1
    RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1 ;remove the following; set this to 0 to disable dx 11 to get an fps boost. you wont see much of a difference visually.

also update your drivers to 12.2 at the very least.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games Video Games