Battlefield 3 Driver Problem?

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Just a little bit ago I got on Battlefield 3 and I was playing fine for a little bit like always but then I lost connection to the game I was in. Then shortly after I was joining another game and my screen went black and came back on and said "Display Driver has stopped working but has recovered successfully" and will not let me join a game now. I have already reinstalled my drivers and I am running Catalyst version 11.12 on a Radeon HD 6870 so what should I do?

Penley54

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

I have never overclocked my Video Card, I just used Steam to update my Video Drivers and it worked.

matta85

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
penley54:

Can I ask you what FPS your'e getting with that cpu/gpu.
Do you play at 1920x1080? If so at which settings, High?

I have a Athlon II x3 445 and the same gpu. I'm thinking of buying BF3 for pc (allready have it on my ps3) but i'm unsure if, cause won't botter if I have to lower the graphics settings to much to obtain a good playable fps (+50).

try limiting your upper fps to 60 and that should increase your lower average. as you free up the gpu, because its not having to make excessive frames... make a file called user.cfg and add the following, then put in the main install folder

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60.000000
render.drawfps 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1 ;remove the following; set this to 0 to disable dx 11 to get an fps boost. you wont see much of a difference visually.

also update your drivers to 12.2 at the very least.