[EQ2] Furniture Quests

Friends,

Has anyone compiled a list of quests that give furniture as rewards? Or
any room placable items for that matter.

b.

On 8 Jan 2005 03:31:03 -0800, mcbragg66@yahoo.com wrote:

>Friends,
>
>Has anyone compiled a list of quests that give furniture as rewards? Or
>any room placable items for that matter.
>
>b.

There are quite a few.

Every creature Mastery quest (skeleton, zombie, etc) gives something
to hang on the wall. A lot of the book quests (architecture of
Vermin's Snye for example) give a book as areward (but since these
books are often worth 50s or more each, I usually selll them).

There's a quest in South Qeynos where a woman wants a sketch of the
sword monument in NQ, and she gives an easel as a reward.

Others give small things like tables, etc.

So far, my crafted stuff is better, to be honest.

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:47:57 -0500, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrote:

>A lot of the book quests (architecture of
>Vermin's Snye for example) give a book as areward (but since these
>books are often worth 50s or more each, I usually selll them).

Myself, I really wish you could just buy cheap, "generic" fluff books
for shelf filler. My scholar really should have an assload of books.
:p

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

<mcbragg66@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Friends,
>
> Has anyone compiled a list of quests that give furniture as rewards? Or
> any room placable items for that matter.
>
> b.

I received a chair in CH from a froggie I think, there is also the pet cage
from Starcrest in catch the kitty for Molly.
The lab jar and easel have already been mentioned in onother part of the
thread.
Christmas candles are quite pretty too.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:47:57 -0500, Mark Morrison wrote:

>So far, my crafted stuff is better, to be honest.

Sorry for changing the subject, but I've been wondering: is there any
positive effect apart from the visuals of buying nice furniture? If not, it
seems like an awful waste of hard-earned money to me.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarven Guardian on Highkeep

(e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in

> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:47:57 -0500, Mark Morrison wrote:
>
>>So far, my crafted stuff is better, to be honest.
>
> Sorry for changing the subject, but I've been wondering: is there any
> positive effect apart from the visuals of buying nice furniture? If
> not, it seems like an awful waste of hard-earned money to me.

Not that I am aware of. Friends of mine have a 2 room apartment in NQ,
lots of furniture, tradeskill stations, and a cat. The cat cost almost as
much as the room, but it's pretty cool. :b

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

In article <Xns95DB5EFAF8C68richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>The cat cost almost as
>much as the room, but it's pretty cool. :b

Can you pet it? Does it play with you?

Can you buff it??? Haste the cat he he

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in
>> Sorry for changing the subject, but I've been wondering: is there any
>> positive effect apart from the visuals of buying nice furniture? If
>> not, it seems like an awful waste of hard-earned money to me.
>>

> Not that I am aware of. Friends of mine have a 2 room apartment in NQ,
> lots of furniture, tradeskill stations, and a cat. The cat cost almost as
> much as the room, but it's pretty cool. :b

If you have guild housing, some furniture (player crafted and city merchant
purchased) will reduce the status point requirements on rent. Get enough of
the status point reducing furniture, and it's _theoretically_ possible to
continue paying rent on guild housing at the reduced coin cost and 0 status
cost.

wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:cs11aj$2s0$1@panix5.panix.com:

> In article <Xns95DB5EFAF8C68richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>The cat cost almost as much as the room, but it's pretty cool. :b
>
> Can you pet it? Does it play with you?
>
> Can you buff it??? Haste the cat he he

The owner of the cat can pet it, play with it, and such. You cannot buff
it, it will not leave your apartment. It's really pretty cool to watch, it
likes to hop up on the bed and sleep there. It does backflips, and purrs,
hisses and swats at you if you poke it, dances when you pet it...

--

> wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:cs11aj$2s0$1@panix5.panix.com:
>
> > In article <Xns95DB5EFAF8C68richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
> > Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
> >>The cat cost almost as much as the room, but it's pretty cool. :b
> >
> > Can you pet it? Does it play with you?
> >
> > Can you buff it??? Haste the cat he he
> >

> The owner of the cat can pet it, play with it, and such. You cannot buff
> it, it will not leave your apartment. It's really pretty cool to watch, it
> likes to hop up on the bed and sleep there. It does backflips, and purrs,
> hisses and swats at you if you poke it, dances when you pet it...

You can feed it pepper....

;)

(RIP - Patches)

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in

>> > Can you pet it? Does it play with you?
>> >
>> > Can you buff it??? Haste the cat he he
>> >

>> The owner of the cat can pet it, play with it, and such. You cannot
>> buff it, it will not leave your apartment. It's really pretty cool
>> to watch, it likes to hop up on the bed and sleep there. It does
>> backflips, and purrs, hisses and swats at you if you poke it, dances
>> when you pet it...
>
> You can feed it pepper....
>
> ;)
>
> (RIP - Patches)

Lol, I'll have to warn her about that...

Those cats are pricey.