Compaq Presario s7390uk

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the drive) and
now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost me to
buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my system. I
don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.

Many thanks.

Alistair.

hh

It would help to know what OS you installed.
HH

"Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
> weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the drive)
and
> now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost me
> buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my system. I
> don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Alistair.

Sorry, (new to this) Loaded XP Professional.
"Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
> weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the drive)
and
> now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost me
> buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my system. I
> don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Alistair.

hh

If you erased the recovery partition on the drive, normally labeled
Compaq_RP, the only way is to buy the Restore CDs.

> Sorry, (new to this) Loaded XP Professional.
> "Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
> > weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the drive)
> and
> > now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost me
> > buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my system.
> > don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Alistair.

There is still a Volume named [presario_rp] which if you use windows
explorer looks empty, if you use something like Nero to explore the volume
you can see all the files, I know they are there just hidden in some way. I
know the f10 option did work the first time I tried it.

Ta.
"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you erased the recovery partition on the drive, normally labeled
> Compaq_RP, the only way is to buy the Restore CDs.
> HH
>
> "Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, (new to this) Loaded XP Professional.
> > "Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
> > > weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the
drive)
> > and
> > > now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost
me
> > > buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my
system.
> > > don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.
> > >
> > > Many thanks.
> > >
> > > Alistair.

hh

Does your 7390 have a CD or DVD burner? If so there likely was an option to
create an HP Recovery Tools CD. Did you do that before wiping the drive? If
not, I know of no way to do a restore, short of ordering the Restore CD set
from Compaq UK. The reason they are hidden is to prevent accidental erasure.
You might check the UK website. The US website has an HP Auto Toolkit
softpaq for my S5200CL. There may be one for your S7390UK.

> There is still a Volume named [presario_rp] which if you use windows
> explorer looks empty, if you use something like Nero to explore the volume
> you can see all the files, I know they are there just hidden in some way.
> know the f10 option did work the first time I tried it.
>
> Ta.
> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If you erased the recovery partition on the drive, normally labeled
> > Compaq_RP, the only way is to buy the Restore CDs.
> > HH
> >
> > "Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry, (new to this) Loaded XP Professional.
> > > "Alistair Cameron" <alistaircameron@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> drive)
> > > and
> me
> system.

Will give it a go. Thanks for your help.