Lighted Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Well im looking to replace my basic Logitech keyboard for a lighted keyboard. im play game almost all the time in the dark. im having a hard time finding a good lighted keyboard and im basically looking at a g110 right now. but my ideal keyboard would be nothing more than a standard keyboard with some back lighting do any of you have ideas ?

Solution
I've been pounding on a G110 for over a year. It has served me well.

I don't use the G-keys whatsoever. I probably could benefit from setting them up, but like you, I just wanted the backlight. Unfortunately, the first keyboard I picked up was the 'Logitech Illuminated Keyboard'. This keyboard doesn't allow the shift+W+spacebar simultaneously. I honestly though we were past any point in technology where this would possibly be an issue, but it can be if you pick the wrong keyboard. Though with that keyboard, I couldn't jump during first-person shooters. I returned it as soon as I realized it.

I picked up the G110 and it does everything just fine and can be backlit with Blue/Red or combination of the two colors. Works just fine.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i bought a cyborb v7 keyboad from pcworld for £49

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/cyborg-v-7-gaming-keyboards-06764336-pdt.html

has a button so you can have separate colours for different sections of the keyboard. hitting the cyborg logo will turn on the macro keys and disable the windows key

it has volume/media controls on keyboard and usb/audio and headphone jacks on the keyboard itselfs

with a serperate usb conection for the keybaord and usb (the audio plugs go in back of pc)

(red,green, (another kind of musy peas colour or yellow to choice from by pressing the buttens)

and the brightness can be turned up or down (there is a butten on keyboard as well that will turn the lights off which is good for day time gaming

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

These arnt exactly standard keyboards now are they.

if you have a local pc world or similar i recommend you have a trip out... you may find something on the web that you like the look of. but when you get it, you find you dont like the feel of. it really is worth the effort to go do a little field testing b4 you decide. it can save a good wad of cash and a lot of frustration...

also stay away from razer there lycosta have a sticky key issue and black widow have sticker keys not etched, and will ware away after a few months.

in fact i recommend you stay away from razor period, until they get there build quality sorted... it really is disgusting the prices they are charging for there gaming lines. only to have them develop faults 6 months in... yes they will replace your kit but what happens in 7 months when your warranty is up and it breaks again...

stick with brands you know have a good track record... logitech and microsoft and if you can afford it the das keyboard

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Agree.

Disagree. The lycosa may have issues but other than that the rest of Razers keyboards are fine. As far as mice go Razers are very well made and very good quality.

Cant speak for razers audio gear (headsets, speakers), never used em.

Is it any good, looking for new keyboard, typing and gaming.

I've been pounding on a G110 for over a year. It has served me well.

I don't use the G-keys whatsoever. I probably could benefit from setting them up, but like you, I just wanted the backlight. Unfortunately, the first keyboard I picked up was the 'Logitech Illuminated Keyboard'. This keyboard doesn't allow the shift+W+spacebar simultaneously. I honestly though we were past any point in technology where this would possibly be an issue, but it can be if you pick the wrong keyboard. Though with that keyboard, I couldn't jump during first-person shooters. I returned it as soon as I realized it.

I picked up the G110 and it does everything just fine and can be backlit with Blue/Red or combination of the two colors. Works just fine.

Solution

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Avoid the blackwidow ultimate. The peripheral keys do not depress evenly and do not share uniform tactility with the letters. I've enjoyed Razer mice, but their blackwidow ultimate (129.99) is a dud. The regular black widow though, at 80 bucks, is not the best mechanical on the market but honestly I feel that is the right price for the product, assuming kinks are worked out with weird depression angles on peripheral keys (have to hit things like shift JUST right for it to not feel muddy and/or fail to key at all). Also, gross feeling coating on the keys. They should have passed on this (somewhat similar to their black mouse coating but poorly executed) and instead gone with some regular finish on the keys. That is more opinion than anything, but the first complaint isn't.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

I had the BlackWidow Ultimate for a while, I didn't like the cherry mx blues, so I sent it back and got the SteelSeries 6Gv2 instead with cherry mx blacks.

During the time I had the BlackWidow I thought it was well made, and didnt notice any problems with the keys myself, though I have read about a few people having problems with it. If cherry blues were for me I would of kept it.

One thing I will say though is the blackwidow should be matte, not glossy. The BlackWidow stealth edition is matte, but the regular blackwidow is a ball ache for keeping it clean.

The keyspacing is similar to the logitech access keyboard 600 I use at work.

Honestly, the WAD cluster takes the brunt of the punishment, but when I send chat messages through games, I never run into any issues with akward or tight spacing. The PC I have the G110 attached to is in my sig and used 99.9% for gaming.

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

I cant i live in a small town with the only somewhat computer oriented place being staples and my staples does carry stuff like that.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It should stand to reason that no keyboard with backlit keys have a mirror-finish, lol. It was so distracting to my peripheral vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS