System Restore Update Needed

May 14, 2005 10:15:04 PM

Anyone Know Of Any System Restore Updates So System Restore Will Work
Properly With Adobe's Photoshop CS Activation System,Currently System
Restore Will Remove Or Update The MBR Where Adobe Photoshop CS Has It's
Activation Data Stored So When A System Restore Is Done (No Matter What The
Date Is) System Restore Will Remove Adobe's Activation Data So Then
Re-Activation Is Needed ...

Happens Everytime A System Restore Is Done

I Have Even Tried A Program Called: V-Com Recovery Commander, Same Problem

Thanks
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 5:18:44 AM

Brett Moar wrote:
> Anyone Know Of Any System Restore Updates So System Restore Will Work
> Properly With Adobe's Photoshop CS Activation System,Currently System
> Restore Will Remove Or Update The MBR Where Adobe Photoshop CS Has
> It's Activation Data Stored So When A System Restore Is Done (No
> Matter What The Date Is) System Restore Will Remove Adobe's
> Activation Data So Then Re-Activation Is Needed ...
>
> Happens Everytime A System Restore Is Done
>
> I Have Even Tried A Program Called: V-Com Recovery Commander, Same
> Problem

That's not a "problem", that is a normal reaction by Adobe Photoshop...

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330089.html

-----
Photoshop may prompt you to reactivate in the following circumstances:
-- You used the Back Up utility to restore either the registry (System
State) or your Documents and Settings folders. This triggers a repair
scenario, which requires a reactivation.
-- You used System Restore or other imaging or backup software to restore
Windows or the hard disk (System Restore and other imaging or backup
software may restore Photoshop but not activation data, causing Photoshop to
prompt you to reactivate).
-- The file "~e5d141.tmp" was deleted.
-- The DAT files in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Macrovision\SafeCast\Product Licenses were deleted.
-- You removed Photoshop by using the Advanced Uninstall option.
-- You installed Photoshop on a dual-boot computer. (You can activate
Photoshop on only one of the installed operating systems.)
-- You reinstalled Windows or reformatted the hard disk.*

Follow the on-screen instructions to reactivate Photoshop. For more
information on how to reactivate Photoshop, see the How To Install ReadMe on
the Photoshop CD.

*In this instance, you must call the 24-hour automated Activation Voice
Response system to reactivate Photoshop. For a list of phone activation
numbers, visit the Adobe website at
www.adobe.com/activation/phonenumbers.html .
-----

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

On Sat, 14 May 2005 18:15:04 -0600, "Brett Moar"
<webamericas@news.com> wrote:

>Anyone Know Of Any System Restore Updates So System Restore Will Work
>Properly With Adobe's Photoshop CS Activation System,Currently System
>Restore Will Remove Or Update The MBR Where Adobe Photoshop CS Has It's
>Activation Data Stored So When A System Restore Is Done (No Matter What The
>Date Is) System Restore Will Remove Adobe's Activation Data So Then
>Re-Activation Is Needed ...
>
>Happens Everytime A System Restore Is Done
>
>I Have Even Tried A Program Called: V-Com Recovery Commander, Same Problem
>
>Thanks

System Restore actually "restores" Adobe's security signature in the
MBR? I've never heard of this before. Have you verified it with
dskprobe or some other sector-viewing tool?

Dave
!