Xbox 360 headsets

barcode72

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
hey guys, i need some help please, my eldest son has an xbox 360, with live gold membership & a headset that he talks to his pals on, & my younger son likes to play with him on the guest account, they play together on live, playing against other people online, so i got my younger son a headset also, thinking they'd both be able to talk & listen to other kids online, but i cant seem to get anything on the 2nd headset, & i was wondering if its even possible, or have i wasted my money on another headset. There is only 1 xbox, & only 1 live gold membership, is it possible to get them both talking & listening on both headsets when they're sat side-by-side. Thanks in advance guys.

barcode72

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

does that mean i need to purchase a 2nd live gold membership & install it on the same xbox, can you have 2 live memberships on the same xbox?

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
The live membership is linked to the account, not the the console itself.
You need to purchase live membership for each account that wants to go online.

Tuilalcaron

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Yea you can have multiple live gold accounts on the same xbox no probs. Both me and my girlfriend share an xbox :) but for both people to be able to use the headsets and communicate then you will need another gold membership.

If you yourself play or a 3rd person might be worthwhile looking at the family gold pack as you would prob get it cheaper than the 3 single gold accounts.