EVDO in 30 cities now

Paul

Splendid

It's official, VZW's list of BroadbandAccess cities has been updated:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband

Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Baltimore, MD
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Dayton, OH
Hartford, CT
Houston, TX
Jacksonville, FL
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
Madison, WI
Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Milwaukee, WI
New Haven, CT
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY/Newark, NJ
Orlando, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
Providence, RI
San Diego, CA
St. Petersburg/West Palm Beach, FL
Tampa, FL
Washington, DC

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

The new Verizon site on Lewis Street in Lincoln MA is not EVDO yet.
Anyone have any idea how many Verizon sites with EVDO are up and
running in MA? Trying to decide if it's worth upgrading from my Sierra
Wireless 555 card to an AudioVoxPC5220 yet. I know I'm stuck with 1X in
Lincoln but I wonder for how long??

Paul wrote:
> It's official, VZW's list of BroadbandAccess cities has been updated:
>
> http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband
>
> Atlanta, GA
> Austin, TX
> Baltimore, MD
> Boston, MA
> Chicago, IL
> Cincinnati, OH
> Columbus, OH
> Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
> Dayton, OH
> Hartford, CT
> Houston, TX
> Jacksonville, FL
> Kansas City, MO
> Las Vegas, NV
> Los Angeles, CA
> Madison, WI
> Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
> Milwaukee, WI
> New Haven, CT
> New Orleans, LA
> New York, NY/Newark, NJ
> Orlando, FL
> Philadelphia, PA
> Phoenix, AZ
> Pittsburgh, PA
> Providence, RI
> San Diego, CA
> St. Petersburg/West Palm Beach, FL
> Tampa, FL
> Washington, DC

No clue on a date, but a warning.. If you use ICS or share the internet
connection on a network or wirelessly, the software for the new cards
specifically stop that.

john@minutemancomm.com wrote:
> The new Verizon site on Lewis Street in Lincoln MA is not EVDO yet.
> Anyone have any idea how many Verizon sites with EVDO are up and
> running in MA? Trying to decide if it's worth upgrading from my Sierra
> Wireless 555 card to an AudioVoxPC5220 yet. I know I'm stuck with 1X
> in Lincoln but I wonder for how long??
>
> Paul wrote:
>> It's official, VZW's list of BroadbandAccess cities has been updated:
>>
>> http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband
>>
>> Atlanta, GA
>> Austin, TX
>> Baltimore, MD
>> Boston, MA
>> Chicago, IL
>> Cincinnati, OH
>> Columbus, OH
>> Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
>> Dayton, OH
>> Hartford, CT
>> Houston, TX
>> Jacksonville, FL
>> Kansas City, MO
>> Las Vegas, NV
>> Los Angeles, CA
>> Madison, WI
>> Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
>> Milwaukee, WI
>> New Haven, CT
>> New Orleans, LA
>> New York, NY/Newark, NJ
>> Orlando, FL
>> Philadelphia, PA
>> Phoenix, AZ
>> Pittsburgh, PA
>> Providence, RI
>> San Diego, CA
>> St. Petersburg/West Palm Beach, FL
>> Tampa, FL
>> Washington, DC

Really I did not know that. I do share my connection often with my 555 card.
That's not good at all.

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> No clue on a date, but a warning.. If you use ICS or share the internet
> connection on a network or wirelessly, the software for the new cards
> specifically stop that.
>

> john@minutemancomm.com wrote:
>> The new Verizon site on Lewis Street in Lincoln MA is not EVDO yet.
>> Anyone have any idea how many Verizon sites with EVDO are up and
>> running in MA? Trying to decide if it's worth upgrading from my Sierra
>> Wireless 555 card to an AudioVoxPC5220 yet. I know I'm stuck with 1X
>> in Lincoln but I wonder for how long??
>>
>> Paul wrote:
>>> It's official, VZW's list of BroadbandAccess cities has been updated:
>>>
>>> http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband
>>>
>>> Atlanta, GA
>>> Austin, TX
>>> Baltimore, MD
>>> Boston, MA
>>> Chicago, IL
>>> Cincinnati, OH
>>> Columbus, OH
>>> Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
>>> Dayton, OH
>>> Hartford, CT
>>> Houston, TX
>>> Jacksonville, FL
>>> Kansas City, MO
>>> Las Vegas, NV
>>> Los Angeles, CA
>>> Madison, WI
>>> Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
>>> Milwaukee, WI
>>> New Haven, CT
>>> New Orleans, LA
>>> New York, NY/Newark, NJ
>>> Orlando, FL
>>> Philadelphia, PA
>>> Phoenix, AZ
>>> Pittsburgh, PA
>>> Providence, RI
>>> San Diego, CA
>>> St. Petersburg/West Palm Beach, FL
>>> Tampa, FL
>>> Washington, DC

It's the new version of the software to run it. (i think its version 2. or
3.2 (i forget the exact number, but it's the new one for NationalAccess
*AND* Broadbandaccess)) of Mobile Office, it no longer allows sharing). The
older software (or direct dial up created connects) still works fine.. it's
just the NEWER version that also supports Broadbandaccess has problems/no
sharing (that's the version you have to get to support the new card).