Problem trying to set AA and AF for Oblivion with ATT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I have a problem trying to set 4 AA & 8 AF for Oblivion, using ATI Tray Tools. I can't override the game so it will show the benefits. I can put the settings into ATT, and put the game profile in, but the settings don't show up in-game. Is there something i can do regarding the Oblivion ini folder to put in AA and AF settings there? I know that i can put in 4 AA into Oblivion's in-game settings, i want to do it from ATT because i want to apply morphological anti-aliasing. Anisotropic filtering won't show in the game either. I run Oblivion from OBSE loader, i don't apply the settings in the game profile for Oblivion launcher, i know about that. Is this just a case that ATT will not override certain games?

I don't have AMD Vision Engine or Catalyst Control centre installed, just the latest graphics driver.

ASUS EAH6850

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Problem solved - redirected game profile launch program to Oblivion.exe rather than obse_loader.exe Despite, i run the game with OBSE loader. The performance increase from turning from 4x multi-sampling to 4x morphological filtering is excellent, and the graphics quality is not worse at all. I get about 10 - 20 FPS more from 20 to 38. Actually with morphological turned on the hair on my character, and other transparent textures are smoothed out, and not much noticeable blurring that is visible. People using Oblivion should take note of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.