Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

help with psu!

Last response: in Components
November 2, 2004 12:45:27 AM

how can you tell what kind of case you have. I have a gateway 500s. I need a new psu to run my video card. I was wonderin if anyone knows or how you tell what kind of case i have?.....tnx..... P.S.: o ya i looked on the psu...

More about : psu

a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2004 5:42:27 AM

Since holes come in different shapes and sizes, you should open the case. Get ready for some dimmensions:

1.) SFF power supplies are~125mm wide (~100mm deep).
2.) A special version of SFF is turned sideways so it's 100mm wide (~125mm deep)
3.) Gateway's version of the PS-II (aka, full size) is ~125mm wide and ~165mm deep.
4.) Standard PS-II size is ~165mm wide and ~140mm deep.

Gateway hasn't used #4 since the mid 90's as far as I know. Which fairly means your SOL when it comes to high capacity power supplies, unless you modify the case.

Most likely you have #2 or #3. If you're lucky, you have #1 which is an easy to find part.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>