Getting Error message on start-up

Error message is: "gearsec has encountered a problem & needs to close". But
do not even know what "gearsec" is? Can anyone tell me please, and how to
get rid of this annoying pop-up?
3 answers Last reply
More about getting error message start

    This may help.

    http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/index.cfm

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Olim22" wrote:
    | Error message is: "gearsec has encountered a problem & needs to close".
    But
    | do not even know what "gearsec" is? Can anyone tell me please, and how to
    | get rid of this annoying pop-up?

    Dave
    Please can you tell me what Gearsec is, as I can't find it in my add/remove
    programs, as far as I know I have not added it, unless it is part of
    another program? Have looked at the website you quoted, but do not know
    where to look as don't know my product? Doesn't explain what Gearsec does?
    Thanks for reply anyway.
    Heather

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > This may help.
    >
    > http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/index.cfm
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Olim22" wrote:
    > | Error message is: "gearsec has encountered a problem & needs to close".
    > But
    > | do not even know what "gearsec" is? Can anyone tell me please, and how to
    > | get rid of this annoying pop-up?

    These may help.

    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/gearsec.exe.html
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/gearsec/
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/gearsec/

    --

    "Olim22" wrote:
    | Dave
    | Please can you tell me what Gearsec is, as I can't find it in my
    add/remove
    | programs, as far as I know I have not added it, unless it is part of
    | another program? Have looked at the website you quoted, but do not know
    | where to look as don't know my product? Doesn't explain what Gearsec
    does?
    | Thanks for reply anyway.
    | Heather

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP