Leather case in vx6100 essentials kit

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 12, 2005 11:59:16 AM

Verizon sells and "essentials kit" for the vx6100 which includes a car
charger, leather case, and Plantronics MX150 headset.

Can anyone tell me how well the leather case fits the phone?

Also, does the case have a spring-loaded belt clip, or does it use the
two-piece 'click-lock' system (stub on the back of case clips into
plastic belt clip).

Thanks
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 9:29:18 PM

fits perfectly as it is in two pieces,
two piece clip that swivels

<eric@goldsmithgroup.org> wrote in message
> Verizon sells and "essentials kit" for the vx6100 which includes a car
> charger, leather case, and Plantronics MX150 headset.
>
> Can anyone tell me how well the leather case fits the phone?
>
> Also, does the case have a spring-loaded belt clip, or does it use the
> two-piece 'click-lock' system (stub on the back of case clips into
> plastic belt clip).
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 9:29:19 PM

Hot Rod wrote:
> fits perfectly as it is in two pieces,
> two piece clip that swivels
>

> <eric@goldsmithgroup.org> wrote in message
>
>>Verizon sells and "essentials kit" for the vx6100 which includes a car
>>charger, leather case, and Plantronics MX150 headset.
>>
>>Can anyone tell me how well the leather case fits the phone?
>>
>>Also, does the case have a spring-loaded belt clip, or does it use the
>>two-piece 'click-lock' system (stub on the back of case clips into
>>plastic belt clip).
>>
>>Thanks

FWIW, I find that the case makes the phone too thick. As I recall,
there's a little bit of extra padding on the back of the case which
contributes to this.

Also, the headset is nice except that it doesn't have a button to end
the call. Other than that it's comfortable and works well.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 4:59:21 AM

FWIW, I already had Verizon replace the case. Reason was, that I have the
extended battery, and when using the phone and the case w the ext battery, the
phone fits real tight to the case. This tends to put pressure on the side
buttons, and more often than not, you will find yourself having to reset the
left side button. I tried heating the plastic and case with a low wattage hair
dryer, and this caused a distortion of the clear plastic, which finally buckled
and looked terrible. I might add that Ive looked at 3rd party cases such as
the "glove" but for some reason, it doesnt have a hole where theringer should
be, and the phone sounds muffled when in the "glove" case
!