spoolsv.exe reach a high level of CPU usage, cause slow pe..

environment:windows xp table pc with Service Pack 2 in English version, Office

professinal 2003 in English version.
sympton: the CPU usage of process of spoolsv.exe was extremely high almost
at 90%

continuously. This cause windows low performance and user can't do anything
at

that time. With further check, I foud that in this folder
system\spool\printers,

there are some temp file exist.The name of these files are 000002.SHD,
00002.SPL,

00003.SHD, 00003SPL, etc. First I stop the printer spooler service and delete

thest temp file. and then restart the spool service. It seems I solved the

problem. But after some time later, the temp file appears again, spoolsv.exe
CPU

usage also reach a high level. Slow performance come back again.
Question: How to solve this problem, and what's the reason.
Thank you very much.
3 answers Last reply
More about spoolsv reach high level usage slow

    spoolsv.exe
    Is malware. Here is a description at Trend Micro;
    'BAT_ZCREW.E' (http://tinyurl.com/c99aw)
    You can go to 'HouseCall' (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/)
    and do a free online scan & removal. Hope this helps you out.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Bump, not showing reply.

    --
    Treeman

    Lasso, I am experiencing similiar issues on my PC. Task manager indicating
    49% of system resources dedicated to print spooler. Causing significant slow
    down. I am using Win XP pro. I could not find any virus, trojans or
    spyware......... I am currently turning off print spooler services to
    recapture lost resources (P4 3.2 mhz)

    Searching for a solution....... may have to do a re-install?????
    --
    -Art

    "lasso" wrote:

    > environment:windows xp table pc with Service Pack 2 in English version, Office
    >
    > professinal 2003 in English version.
    > sympton: the CPU usage of process of spoolsv.exe was extremely high almost
    > at 90%
    >
    > continuously. This cause windows low performance and user can't do anything
    > at
    >
    > that time. With further check, I foud that in this folder
    > system\spool\printers,
    >
    > there are some temp file exist.The name of these files are 000002.SHD,
    > 00002.SPL,
    >
    > 00003.SHD, 00003SPL, etc. First I stop the printer spooler service and delete
    >
    > thest temp file. and then restart the spool service. It seems I solved the
    >
    > problem. But after some time later, the temp file appears again, spoolsv.exe
    > CPU
    >
    > usage also reach a high level. Slow performance come back again.
    > Question: How to solve this problem, and what's the reason.
    > Thank you very much.

CPUs Windows XP