Sonic weekend on Steam

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
So yeah.

Steam is offering a lot of SEGAs Sonic games very cheap.

If you happen to have 2-4 joypads and your pc connected to a hdtv - then THOU SHALT NOT MISS OUT ON THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY SONIC & SEGA ALLSTARS RACING!

I've almost 100 hours playtime on Steam with this game alone - this game is such a blast when played split/screen multiplayer, and it's only 5 bucks.

It's like MarioKart just with better graphics and way better controls.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34190/

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
No problem peeps :)

Generations is quite alright, I do find the difficulty a little on the hard side though, but then again - I'm getting old, and my reactions are not how they were when I played the original ones :p

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

I have already played the hell out of all of those games on emulators.

I feel bad, and may buy a couple just for principle.

Generations would interest me more if I knew for a fact I could play in 2D the entire time. I mean, do I have to play some levels as new sonic? Or can I stick with the 2D Sonic the entire time?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
It's a split between the old and the new, but with Sonic's levels passing so fast, I really feel like all of my time is spent in the 2d, just because that is the part that I remember and love the most.

An interesting side note is that you can choose to be displayed as new or old sonic in 2d mode as well. The game really looks sharp and I think it is just a great time.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Thanks, I may have to grab it.

I am a sucker for Sonic games.

Except for the two on Dreamcast, there are really no 3D Sonic games that I like.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I liked the Sonic 3d game on Dreamcast. I got it right when it and the system came out though, and it was just so many leaps ahead of everything else for its time. What a great console.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

I have one word for you...

Ikaruga.

If you were one of the lucky westerners that could get your hands on the original Dreamcast version, I envy you.

The Dreamcast was, and still is, and amazing system. It was so far ahead of it's time. I cannot believe the hate it got.

Shenmue was another one of those "wow" games.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Dreamcast controller still pretty much reigns supreme in my opinion. Only rivaled by the sega saturn and the neo geo analog stick controller. Xbox is like the inbred afterbirth version of the dreamcast controller unfortunately.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Saturn was/is amazing. I still play Radiant Silvergun to this day.

And I agree with you about the Dreamcast controller, it was extremely innovative.

Alas, I never had the pleasure of owning or even playing a Neo-Geo.