.exe

May 18, 2005 6:52:01 AM

hello, i'm having lots of trouble with programmes that run on my task manager
which cause untitled pop-up problems. sometimes i have that many it takes
ages to clear them. i don't know if i'm supposed to remove them or not and i
am unsure whether they run concurently with programs that i use. i have
windows service pack 2. i have been to task manager and removed several but
they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe ,
iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what they are,
svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe ,
aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and entered
them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem or not
and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help as its
really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems. thanks
for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!

--
mom

More about : exe

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:46:14 AM

Slow computer
http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance

Information about malware:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

The below links assist you in checking your system for parasites:-
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/parasite.htm
Please note that some malware may kill the internet connection when it is removed,
the program on the link below will enable you to regain the internet connection.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/defaul...
Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

Spyware Programs links:-
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
www.security.kolla.de Spybot

SpywareBlaster

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Downloadable McAfee AVERT Stinger:
Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a
substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist
administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes
next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally
signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.

Perhaps an online security/virus check
Symantec
http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&...
Trend Micro House Call:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Panda ActiveScan;
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_...
McAfee FreeScan:
Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
BitDefender Online Scan:

Free anti virus programs
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php

Also:
All about disabling programs at startup
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist....

"momx2" <momx2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, i'm having lots of trouble with programmes that run on my task manager
> which cause untitled pop-up problems. sometimes i have that many it takes
> ages to clear them. i don't know if i'm supposed to remove them or not and i
> am unsure whether they run concurently with programs that i use. i have
> windows service pack 2. i have been to task manager and removed several but
> they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe ,
> iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what they are,
> svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe ,
> aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and entered
> them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem or not
> and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help as its
> really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems. thanks
> for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!
>
> --
> mom
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:46:15 AM

hello thanks for all the useful links but do you know whether cxlpls.exe is
dangerous or any of the others i've listed? thanks.
--
mom

"TaurArian" wrote:

> [...]
> > ages to clear them. i don't know if i'm supposed to remove them or not and i
> > am unsure whether they run concurently with programs that i use. i have
> > windows service pack 2. i have been to task manager and removed several but
> > they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe ,
> > iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what they are,
> > svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe ,
> > aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and entered
> > them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem or not
> > and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help as its
> > really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems. thanks
> > for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!

May 19, 2005 12:46:16 AM

> [...]
several but
> > > they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe
,
> > > iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what
they are,
> > > svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe
,
> > > aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and
entered
> > > them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem
or not
> > > and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help
as its
> > > really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems.
thanks
> > > for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:46:16 AM

Knowing as little as you do, let the programs recommended by TaurArian
identify the culprits. By stopping tasks from running, you are not solving
the problem. You need to get them off your machine.

!