.exe

hello, i'm having lots of trouble with programmes that run on my task manager
which cause untitled pop-up problems. sometimes i have that many it takes
ages to clear them. i don't know if i'm supposed to remove them or not and i
am unsure whether they run concurently with programs that i use. i have
windows service pack 2. i have been to task manager and removed several but
they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe ,
iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what they are,
svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe ,
aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and entered
them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem or not
and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help as its
really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems. thanks
for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!

--
mom
4 answers Last reply

    Slow computer
    http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
    4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance

    Information about malware:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

    The below links assist you in checking your system for parasites:-
    http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/parasite.htm
    Please note that some malware may kill the internet connection when it is removed,
    the program on the link below will enable you to regain the internet connection.
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

    Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
    Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

    Spyware Programs links:-
    www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
    www.security.kolla.de Spybot

    SpywareBlaster

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Downloadable McAfee AVERT Stinger:
    Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a
    substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist
    administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes
    next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally
    signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.

    Perhaps an online security/virus check
    Symantec
    http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    Trend Micro House Call:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Panda ActiveScan;
    McAfee FreeScan:
    Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
    BitDefender Online Scan:

    Free anti virus programs
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php

    Also:
    All about disabling programs at startup

    "momx2" <momx2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello, i'm having lots of trouble with programmes that run on my task manager
    > which cause untitled pop-up problems. sometimes i have that many it takes
    > ages to clear them. i don't know if i'm supposed to remove them or not and i
    > am unsure whether they run concurently with programs that i use. i have
    > windows service pack 2. i have been to task manager and removed several but
    > they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe ,
    > iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what they are,
    > svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe ,
    > aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and entered
    > them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem or not
    > and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help as its
    > really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems. thanks
    > for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!
    >
    > --
    > mom

    hello thanks for all the useful links but do you know whether cxlpls.exe is
    dangerous or any of the others i've listed? thanks.
    --
    mom

> [...]
    several but
    > > > they keep coming back, here are a few: pop64 , mediaacck.exe , alg.exe
    ,
    > > > iexplorer.exe on top of this i have several that i don't know what
    they are,
    > > > svchost.exe some are SYSTEM and some are NETWORK SERVICE, spoolsv.exe
    ,
    > > > aiiabb.exe , wpdhela3.exe , ap9h4qmo.exe . i have been to google and
    entered
    > > > them in individually but i don't understand whether they are a problem
    or not
    > > > and i don't want to delete important info of my computer. please help
    as its
    > > > really annoyingly slow keeps freezing and causing many more problems.
    thanks
    > > > for reading this really annoingly long msg.lol!!

    Knowing as little as you do, let the programs recommended by TaurArian
    identify the culprits. By stopping tasks from running, you are not solving
    the problem. You need to get them off your machine.

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP