Deskpro 2000

School I work for has some Deskpro 2000s donated. In one that had W95, I
reformatted the the hard drive and put W98 on it. Couplee of things.

1) I get this line across the screen. Shall I assume that the video card
may be on its way out?

2) After installing the Ethernet Controller I can get on the Internet, but
the the MSN.com screen seems to be lacking some of its vibrancy. Like not
all the colrs are coming through. I am able to get everything from 256
colors to true color on the settings, so that's not the problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about deskpro 2000

    What brand of monitor? Describe the line, i.e., color, size, verticle or
    horizontal, location on screen, etc.
    HH

    "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > School I work for has some Deskpro 2000s donated. In one that had W95, I
    > reformatted the the hard drive and put W98 on it. Couplee of things.
    >
    > 1) I get this line across the screen. Shall I assume that the video card
    > may be on its way out?
    >
    > 2) After installing the Ethernet Controller I can get on the Internet, but
    > the the MSN.com screen seems to be lacking some of its vibrancy. Like not
    > all the colrs are coming through. I am able to get everything from 256
    > colors to true color on the settings, so that's not the problem.

Compaq Ethernet Controller Computers